Can we ........

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by shadowdemon1990, Mar 4, 2008.

1. shadowdemon1990

shadowdemon1990 Original Nuttah

make it so you can only make requests or sumthink after uploading somethink or posting a certain amount of posts ??
    were most noobs r becoming members the requesting all the newest sets and its sort of a pisstake now maybe if someone with quite a few posts or who is known to up loads of stuff like swoof,dappa don,panty inspector,mr d&b,knarf etc asked then people with these sets wouldnt mint posting them !!
    whats everyones opinions ??

2. alz

alz compress to impress

pretty impossible mate, as anyone can post once they've joined and u can't restrict them from posting certain things, and u cant ban them from posting cos they'll never get a post count high enough, so its quite hard to monitor these things, all that can be done really is moderators delete these posts. personally i tihnk ive only made 1 request since i joined, im grateful for everything this forums given me.

Even though this is a negative thing do be doing (joining just to request for sets), look on the bright side, some of those ppl could be just getting in to dnb and these sets be what hooks them, or it could rekindle peoples love for the music. its not just about who uploads and who doesn't its about participation in the community, discussion, debate, sharing stories etc.

Maybe people should have a certain amount of posts before they can access the mixes and tracklistings page, maybe till they get 50 or something they can only access the members mixes, but make it so they can see the mixes and tracklistings bit (but not access it) so it gives them something to aim for or an incentive to take part in everything that goes on here.

3. mr A

mr A Well-Known Member

people should have to do at least one upload when they've joined. It took me along time to work out how to do it but now all the shit you need to know is on the forum. Surely everyone has a mix/set that ain't on here and with all people putting shit on here and seeing how long it can take to upload they'll understand that when they're requesting mixes/sets it's can take fucking ages to sort out. I know i've only put 2 sets on so far but i have to do it from tape then convert then upload as most the shit i've got is old. Anyway that's just my opinion.:finger2:

4. shadowdemon1990

:nono: if that was the case everyone would just be writing pointless comments and spamming !!

5. Jack131

Jack131 Set Pest

Yeah your get people saying

'yeah I agree'

after every single comment untill they had 50 posts

6. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

yeah I agree

7. alz

alz compress to impress

thats why we have mods...

8. mr.k-two

mr.k-two Member

yeah i agree :D

seriously

9. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

nice idea man but it probly wouldnt work

10. danfreeman1

danfreeman1 Active Member

ive thought about this...but to be honest i only joined like 4 months ago and cos i have 500 posts does it give me anymore right to download a set than anyone else.

11. shadowdemon1990

i rekon it does were uve contributed to the forum wether its helping with t/l or generally talking about dnb not just leaching and stuff !!