Can this be done in Massive?

jammyd

Can any of you lot make the sick bass sound from System - Near Miss? Do you reckon its made from a synth like massive or a sample or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
you probably can make it in massive but it sounds more like a manipulated 808. bit o distortion, maybe some ring modulation? sounds like theres a phaser in there somewhere too.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
an 808 is somewhere between 800 - 1000 eur. sample pack is free and much to be preferred over the hw id agree.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

there are also great plugs for the 808, a new free one that apparently wasnt so picture perfect on all the drum hits but certainly does the kick drum well. to resample i mean. but to answer your question, yes this can be done in massive. youd have to resample a little but im sure massive would be just fine as source.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
yeah, checked out a bunch of tracks on your soundcloud, just let it play. really enjoyable :thumbsup:

jammyd

Yeah liking the tune Roadrunner keep up the good work man. Cheers phat sam ill def give that a try although ill probably fail miserably at it im such a noob when it comes to production.