Can someone explain Future Garage to me?

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
Heard loads of people mention it. What the fuck is it?

Someone showed me a tune and it sounded like Burial with quicker drums.

Saint

Buried Audio
VIP Junglist
Kinda what it says man, people getting back on the garage vibes and writing some bangers.

This one was from an advert but its a banger and illustrates it pretty well:

Last edited by a moderator:

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I quite like it, really rekindled my love for old skool garage...

I'm even thinking of busting out my old Versace Sweater & carrying a knife again.

Good times :2thumbs:

Saint

Buried Audio
VIP Junglist
I quite like it, really rekindled my love for old skool garage...

I'm even thinking of busting out my old Versace Sweater & carrying a knife again.

Good times :2thumbs:
Yeah been rinsing it out myself too. Was a big UKG 1xtra show the other night, havent found a download link for it yet though.

SmallVictoriez

Teen Pop Sensation
VIP Junglist
It can be decent music but it has the lamest name of any genre of music.
Yeah I always thought it was a pitiful name as well.

In the States when someone says "garage band" its usually thought of as some alternative rock/metal group that some local kids put together - cause they usually play in garages.

Anyone know of any radio programs that this genre might be on? I know Kissy Sellout plays a fair bit of UK Garage, but can't think of any others.

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
seems to be garage beats with dubstep basslines as far as i can work out. some of what i have heard is quite nice tbh
Pretty much this.
I think of it as Dubstep with some shuffle, because compared to old garage it doesn't have as much groove and funk and soul etc in it, probably because nobody can be arsed to hook up with a vocalist :teeth: Also...here is my future garage tune. :D
www.soundcloud.com/basisdnb/amplitude
Its great when people ask what future garage is, because it means I can link them to that :teeth:

H*product

Heavyweight product
VIP Junglist
yea i like this vibe. Tbh i wouldn't mind if more dancefloor orientated (future) garage started appearing, maybe stick it in the dubstep room to add a bit of variation.