Can some1 master my tune?

H-Star

Hey guys,

I am made a demo of a track, it's kinda bad, but I want to hear some feedback... My gear is very bad, mostly lame headphones, and I don't have access to any kind of speakers or monitors.

Can some1 fast master my track and send it back to me, so I can post it here and get some advice. I would've done that myself, but as I said, got no gear. I don't need nothing special... Just run it through the multiband compressor preset or smth i dunno...

please send me a PM with your skype name, i would be very thankful ;]

cheers

depends on the track mate. I guess you're just being curious on how your track would sound after a master.
Upload it to www.soundcloud.com and then post it here, after that I'll see if I feel like mastering it ;)

oh no, you must've got me wrong... It's not a track, it's just a snippet, that has no musical value... I am learning to make proper mixdowns, and want to get advice on the mix... But the unmastered version is very quiet, that's why I am asking some1 just to put it through a maximizer or multiband compressor preset, so that it is louder, and people can check out my mix and give me advice if they will.
All the mastering process could take about 2 minutes of your time. I could've done it myself, but somehow the exported version is very crippled after I run it through a maximizer...
But ok I'll post the track on soundcloud, just for the sake of conversation :)

Damn I can't even export it, there seem to be like holes in it after exporting every time in different places... And it also doesn't play some snares in the layer, again randomly the snare hits without its bottom layer... Disgusting FL engine...

hmm. you shouldnt worry about the volume of a track, if its too quiet, turn up your speakers, if its really fucking quiet, turn it up in the DAW.

running it through a multiband compressor preset on the master is going to do fuck all. asking someone on this board to ''master'' it probably wont help either.

mastering is for the final stages of a track, and it is usually done by a label, not by the producer, your mix should sound as good as it you can possibly get it, dont expect mastering to make anything sound decent.

i try to not have a single effect on the master apart from a limiter, thats just my opinion, it seems silly to try and fix things up with a compressor or something on the master when you can go and tweak the individual tracks and fix singular problems.

read some tutorials on mixing down vs mastering and general guides to getting your tracks loud without playing with compression, its actually quiet easy to get them far too loud, without redlining and without any effects on the master track.

also your exporting problem could be a number of reasons, and probably not ''disgusting FL engine''

thanks for the tips, mate... I don't know a lot about mastering, that's true, I just wanted some1 to make the track louder, so I can post it for feedback... But ok, I'll try to find a workaround...

I know it's not FL's fault :) A lot of talented producers use FL, so I am 100% sure the problems have something to do with my "souncard", which is nothing more than an integrated peace of crap in my laptop :D
But that's the sad reality and I'll have to cope with that for a while...

What about Waves maximizer? Is it ok to throw it on the master just to make the mix louder, without reaching the red lines?

dont worry about it being loud. if its quiet people will turn it up. volume isnt important, it should sound good quiet.

im also using an integrated sound card on a laptop, i got no issues :p and no intention of buying an external..

just post the track in the right section if you are happy with it, if you want to make it louder, use some sort of gain effect on the master, or just raise the faders individually to a higher volume. if tracks are peaking too loud and you still need more volume then i suggest going back and mixing down again, something is fundamentally wrong in the track.

just keep practising, everything comes in time, your tracks arent going to be as good or heavy as a professional track for some time if you are just beginning.

aye, I consider myself a beginner, but I am trying to achieve my sound for 4 years already :) But I don't do it constantly, it's like a hobby and only when I have inspiration...
Anyway, thanks for the support, I'll try to post it this evening and get tons of nasty criticism for it, but that's my goal :)
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom