Can laptop DJz make it in dnb?

decks - technics 1200s mk 5 - i placed an ad on facebook marketplace and someone got back to me with a WICKED price. so i took them up on it. it's gotta be technics really. people will argue about other brands and what ever. but in all honestly. technics are just standard, ya na? it has to be done.

i've got a berghiner djx700 which is SHIT. avoid this mixer and all berghiner products.

you think - well, that must be good for the price. but it's not. it's really not. everything about is is poor. about 1 (if that) of the 4 million effects are of any use, and generally. just not a good mixer.

i'm upgrading to a pioneer djm600 in the next couple of weeks (hopefully) money allowing. seratos getting sold so that should help. all pioneer products and solid. i want a cd deck too. but just some cheapo numark axis series will suffice. it's got a pitch fader. job done.

decks - technics 1200s mk 5 - i placed an ad on facebook marketplace and someone got back to me with a WICKED price. so i took them up on it. it's gotta be technics really. people will argue about other brands and what ever. but in all honestly. technics are just standard, ya na? it has to be done.

i've got a berghiner djx700 which is SHIT. avoid this mixer and all berghiner products.

you think - well, that must be good for the price. but it's not. it's really not. everything about is is poor. about 1 (if that) of the 4 million effects are of any use, and generally. just not a good mixer.

i'm upgrading to a pioneer djm600 in the next couple of weeks (hopefully) money allowing. seratos getting sold so that should help. all pioneer products and solid. i want a cd deck too. but just some cheapo numark axis series will suffice. it's got a pitch fader. job done.

MAXIMUM Respect to you!!!!

i'll second the behringer point, mines about is fucked, bleeds everywhere, the outputs all fucked up and u cant move the upfaders all the way to the top or u dont get and left speaker :(

in the future, for sure. yeah.
but right now, no way.
it's too closed off and set back in 'vinyl mode' for people to really push forward with laptops. cdjs still get frowned upon to an extent....
in about 5 years, i think it'll be a totally different game, laptop djs will be more widely accepted, and hardware like serato will become a standard installation in most club set ups, like it is in the USA already.

end of the day, it's your call man. do what you feel comfortable doing and don't listen to anyone else.

although you might not get many bookings that way ;)

My words exactly :word:

Back
Top Bottom