Can I get a good free frequency analyser to use with record and reason?

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
I need a good frequency analyser that I can use with Record and Reason as I'm producing blind at the moment.

Can anyone suggest one?

Cheers.

You can set up the Vocoder in reason to work as an analyser

I dont find it particuarly accurate though

I just use windows media player one

A poorly mixed down track can look good on an analyser, just use ur ears then check once its almost made

I never use freq analyzers... except for "mastering stages" (I'm learning atm) which I never do to my own tracks. Trust your ears and know your setup is the best suggestion I can make ;)

if you get a prog like 'wavelab' you can run it along side reason, the analyser is quite accurate too. oh and it records.

Wave lab is the shit man, swore by that for ages, just lost it when i formatted my computer :(

Used to mixdown in it alot too

I thought that Reason/Record couldn't handle 3rd party vsts? (I haven't used either btw)

This is is meant to be really good and it's free http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/ Haven't used it myself so can't comment, but comes highly rated.

It doesn't support VSTi's so span would be pretty useless unless I rewired Record and Reason into Cubase. Cheers anyway Rhys.

You can set up the Vocoder in reason to work as an analyser

I dont find it particuarly accurate though

I just use windows media player one

A poorly mixed down track can look good on an analyser, just use ur ears then check once its almost made

I have done this with the vocoder. I've got 2 set up, 1 for 76Hz to 10Khz and 1 for 10Khz to 20Khz. Its not very accurate like you say.

if you get a prog like 'wavelab' you can run it along side reason, the analyser is quite accurate too. oh and it records.

This is want I need, nice 1 Sammy.

will give this a go - nice one.
p.s. like your new sig gloxxy man

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

just seen wavelab aint free :( cries

Back
Top Bottom