Can anyone point me in the right direction to find music? [NEW HERE]

James Hinton

Hello.

I have only recently gotten into DnB, around about 9 months. I've mostly stayed 'in the safe' and listened to artists such as Danny Byrd, Netsky, High Contrast, S.P.Y and many many others but in the same kind of 'area' - hard to explain. However, i'm now looking to explore new artists.

How do you guys find new artists, because I commonly just spend many hours flicking through YouTube and listening to some DnB on there. But many of the artists you're posting on this forum cannot seem to be found on YouTube. So, do you just go into shops and find Vinyls or what?

the way I find tunes is looking on vinyl stores for buying but I would suggest having a look at different DNB labels, by the sounds of the artists u are listening to probably hospital is most suited atm, if you wanna check out some other labels such as RAM and metalheadz have a good variety of tunes, if you are looking for a darker sound labels like critical, virus and renegade hardware would be good to check out. If you are looking for Jump Up I would recommend Playaz and Low down deep. Also just check on the DNB section in this forum and you are going to find loads of tunes.

the way I find tunes is looking on vinyl stores for buying but I would suggest having a look at different DNB labels, by the sounds of the artists u are listening to probably hospital is most suited atm, if you wanna check out some other labels such as RAM and metalheadz have a good variety of tunes, if you are looking for a darker sound labels like critical, virus and renegade hardware would be good to check out. If you are looking for Jump Up I would recommend Playaz and Low down deep. Also just check on the DNB section in this forum and you are going to find loads of tunes.

Thanks for the reply. Although I like hospital records, it's not really the stuff i'm looking for. I will check out RAM and metalheadz thanks!

I'm looking forward to my stay on this forum. :)

Thanks for the reply. Although I like hospital records, it's not really the stuff i'm looking for. I will check out RAM and metalheadz thanks!

I'm looking forward to my stay on this forum. :)

No problem mate, also another few labels popped in my mind haha check out symmetry and shogun audio are probably more the sound your looking for

youtube, listen to artists you like, look for other tunes in the related video's that you havn't listened to...take a chance, if you like browse their tunes...repeat.

check out the members mixes, and the mixes and tracklisting sections. there are loads of mixes from people on here and established artists. this will expose you to loads of new artists and music. from there if you hear a tune you like, youtube it etc, and just go following the links etc (y)

Hi mate. Im a uk dnb producer. I was recently signed to the Audio Animals label. We have had a lot of success in the charts recently and I think it might be a good place to start your musical adventure. I have radio show as well every week which I bring new exciting artists to the forefront. Find me on fbk mate for links Kaptain Spacekase

http://www.audioanimals.co.uk/affiliates/3

I would agree there is a lot on Ram, and Metalheadz that will appeal. It's not quite as safe as Hospital Records to be fair. Shogun Audio, Frictions label is another great one. You might enjoy break beat chaos, Tru Playaz, Undiluted, Audio Animals, Complex Records, ...to be fair mate there is plenty out there once you start looking. a youtube adventure is always a good place to start...type in Noisia, Machine Gun and start from there my friend....

this is the audio animals website with sum info on new dnb releases and the like
http://www.audioanimals.co.uk/affiliates/3

Back
Top Bottom