Can anyone confirm the frequency responce for ns-10m?

Verva

Verva Music
VIP Junglist
Yo guys. So after many years of terribly positioned monitors, in the last 6 months have now been spaced apart and set at a reasonable height on stands. Though, as we know, the ns-10m is not the most flat or 'true' of sound display, I have searched some graphs and this is what came up

305455d1345226876-arc-2-advanced-room-correction-system-now-available-ik-multimedia-ns-10.jpg

yamahans10fig4.jpg

My question is, when dealing with a lot of 2k freq in a track, be it rides, vocals etc, what would you do in the sense that there is significant boost in that area, and that i might be getting tricked in to what i think sounds correct. They are always sharp no matter what, but I a/b tracks from high level and they are even sharper, almost to the point its too much, yet they are the example of mix standard. Ive read that quality amps can really seperate the mids on these monitors, but those amps can range from 1000 up, if i were to buy an amp like that i might aswell just buy some quality monitors instead..

Cheers for any feedback or input

Yo man, I guess this isn't the answer you were after but now you know what decent mix sounds like on your monitors then why not just try and get your mixes to sound the same?
I don't think any one will ever get a perfect response but you can certainly get used to how your monitors/ listening environment sound and compensate for this when mixing

I read the link and tried to sort of take it all in. Its just trying to get the mids as active in my tracks as the reference ones without losing that distinguishable separation of all the elements. But as the link said, the yamas make sure you know if your mix is bad, if it sounds good on them, then it sounds good on other stuff. Which, I can agree, but there is a very thin line between either being pretty much perfect or having no gloss,no grit, no punch no nothing.

Its like this but take the right as being a shit mix and the left as being good, its shit till 95%. Im over thinking all this and if i were to show you a couple of tunes youd probably not understand the threads reasoning, but fuck man, its fucking tiring dealing with it.
fig2a.png

Back
Top Bottom