Can anybody do this is reason?

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Hello everybody
Since I have started producing I have been trying to make very a particular bass. It is a reece bass that has almost a wobble to it. I know some people on the forum know how to make it but I can't figure it out. I tried detuning sine waves. I have tried resampling sine and saw waves only to be detune. I can come up with similar effects but I never get the right sound. A couple of days I came across these great tutorials by dubspot. Luckily, they have a tutorial on how to make this bass. Unlucky for me, they resample the bass in ableton. I can recreate the original sound easy enough but I don'tk now how to resample and get the movement in Reason. Any help would be awesome.

Please take a moment and watch the video

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is gonna sound like a horribly useless post but, check out the Reason manual for the NN-14 (I think it's called that) Sampler.

I also posted a link up to a load of tutorials specifically for Reason ages ago... Maybe worth looking through them for idea? To be honest, is it's a sampler, it should have all the same functions, just with a different face plate basically!

3 Sawtooth mutha fuckas

1 - detune up a bit
2 - octave high if you likes
3 - detune down a bit

low pass that shit

at an lfo the the volume, just a little bit.

some attack on how quicky the lfo comes in

add key tracking to the speed of the oscilator

yeaaaahhhhh boy

Last edited:
3 Sawtooth mutha fuckas

1 - detune up a bit
2 - octave high if you likes
3 - detune down a bit

low pass that shit

at an lfo the the volume, just a little bit.

some attack on how quicky the lfo comes in

add key tracking to the speed of the oscilator

yeaaaahhhhh boy

I glad you said that because I know you can make this bass. Big ups I will try on monday.

Back
Top Bottom