can any one give me tips on promoting myself?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by djhigh, May 1, 2009.

1. djhigh

djhigh New Member

I WOULD MUCH APREACHEATE IT IF U WULD GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON PROMITIN MY SELF AND HELP ME BECOME A HOUSEHOLD NAME DJ

THANK YOU

WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/ITSTHATDJHIGH1

2. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

RULE NUMBER 1 be original ,...

RULE NUMBER 2 bring something new to the game ie producing your own sound be that in any bpm format ,...

RULE NUMBER 3 work fuppin hard,dont rely on others and enter everything ,..

RULE NUMBER 4 dont listen to haters ,... there just people who dont want you to succeed,use there negative NRG and turn into your own positive NRG and continue doing what you enjoy

RULE NUMBER 5 networking is important ,...

RULE NUMBER 6 set up your own local scene ,... by having a good fan base there larger places will / may stand up and take note

RULE NUMBER 7 never give up if thats your dream , dreams dont happen over night and if they do there 1 minute wonders ...

RULE NUMBER 8-10 WORK - WORK - WORK AND DONT STOP WORKING

Goodluck - i wish you the best of luck with your quest ... its not an easy path but hay if your vision never gets clouded and your a positive thinker and acter then theres no chance of failing in my eyes .... just no your goals and be prepared to take your time on the stepping stones towards that GOAL IN MIND

*panty inspector*

3. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

ORI GIN ALLLLLLlllllllll....

4. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

You sound like every other jump up dj out there, this is not a one off sound by far. Youtube doesn't give me an op to comment more due to the shit quality, but u need to work hard make loads of tunes flood dj's with tunes to get booked as a dj. Plus u need to learn how to mix, an not switch, theres nothing here that sounds special....or that i havent already heard before.
    Plus its jump up! I cant believe i sat thru ur vidz as u can tell they have made me angry! :rolleyes:

5. D-Tektiv

D-Tektiv Active Member

Yes indeed, networking...be cool with people and they're cool back, opens alot of doors with people who have connections with people who have connections, etc..Ya know, they are cool with ya, like your sound and suddenly,"hey i know this person who wants to use your soundz/book you for an event.."

6. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

My best piece of advice for you at the moment is, i dont think your quite individual enough. At the moment the scene is full of DJs who only play jump up. You have to think what makes you stick out from the rest?? and think about why a promoter would book you over someone else??

If you only like jump-up then maybe look at getting on the production tip and producing your own stuff. then you will have you own sound to push that no other jump-up dj has... and all of a sudden promoters have a reason to book you.

Anyway, good luck mate

7. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

good advice!

8. D-Tektiv

D-Tektiv Active Member

Very well put.

9. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

appreciate is spelled like this, theres some advice if you ever plan on doing well at countdown

10. hi-hat

hi-hat I've been naughty, I'm banned

did u record that with a camera phone?

dont.

11. ac

ac I've been naughty, I'm banned

I'm not a promoter, but I wouldn't give you a second thought, personally. Nothing personal, but you can't mix to a good enough standard yet. Switch mixing isn't really mixing, anyone can do it. You need to know your tunes inside out and be able to blend them properly so they can compliment each other. And like others have said, jump up DJ's are in their hundreds, so maybe try adding a little something else to make you stand out more.

And learn to record, that was so tinny, it was unbearable.

12. Dan M

i am an unsigned dj just doin my fin just tryna do my tin.

bwhahahahhahahhhehehe

13. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

firstly get a myspace page, fuck youtube

then u need to buy some new records, the only ppl who wanna hear wobble wobble wump wump are 17yo chavs, few promoters/managers/etc. will give your demo a 2nd look

the other thing u gotta realise is that if and when u do get a set out somewhere ur gonna be on in the 1st hour or 2 so if u do play jump up the residents won't get u back as a warm up DJ

best advice really is just to support your local scene, get to know ur local promoter/DJs, get involved in a night flyering or summat, will give u more chance than blindly handing out demos

where in UK are u based anyway?

14. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

you and your clan put your own night on..

its simple.. a few lads round here did it , now its getting big and they are getting booked at bigger raves..

talk to a local club. they wont get busy on say a wednesday night, so say you want to put a night on.. they may think about it becuase they make money at the bar on an otherwise quiet night..

book some known djs to get attension, put posters up round your town,village whatever ..you play a set that night. maybe just break even on the night but youve been heard.. carry on doing it ..

i know a dj called ventura from grimsby.. he put his own night on.. booked big name djs, now he gets booked .. you scratch their back , eventually they will scratch yours ..

15. Dan M

attention. fuk you hahahaha

16. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

bollox.. cained me .. put the 'who'd of thought it ' bit in your sig .. so it makes sense.. and was it a curtain pole or bamboo stick.. either way ozzy bummed her!

17. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

think about image..get a photo shoot done...look at John of the pleased wimmin. He dresses in a skirt, gets loads of bookings. YOu never know , maybe it will work for you :clown:

u could go a step further and get your cock out and wave it in the MC's face, or even strip naked at the end of every set and run through the crowd ?? :gang_bang

18. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

I know it sounds blunt but change your name, I bet theres hundreds of DJ Highs in the world, so this just means your likely to be confused with someone else, and all your valueable effort maybe going to one of the other DJ highs

19. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

get a pesonality, that might help.

20. Fazer

Fazer wat

Get a webcam and pull yourself off and finger your arse live to the web.