Can a serato SL3 user please clarify?

DJError

AKA Error
VIP Junglist
Ive read about on google and people have said that serato SL3 is capable of using 3 decks however their description says differently on the serato website. Before i spend £500 on it i just wanted someone to confirm that its possible? Im looking to use 2 vinyls and a CDJ.

Cheers

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
Yep.

You use the Aux In inputs from your deck and in serato select your 3rd deck to use the Aux In inputs. Aux outputs then go to in on 3rd mixer channel as normal.

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
yeah when using 3 decks with sl3 you lose the ability to record with serato.

however i find recording through serato really quiet anyway, just use audacity and an external soundcard if you have one

DJError

AKA Error
VIP Junglist
ah wicked, cheers you lot.

Quite looking forward to getting it now! was a bit sceptical at first about using a laptop etc. but its gotta be done, going to uni so cant keep up with my vinyl addiction lol

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
Recording through Serato LOL. Such noobishness.

Next thing you'll be telling me that using vinyl thru mode doesn't affect the sound quality of the vinyl at all.. :D

Q. If you're using a standard mixer without any feedback to Serato how can you record the actual mix out through Serato? Won't it just record the sound as soon as you've cued anything before you've beat matched it or set the levels? I mean how can Serato tell how much you've pushed up the gain faders on your mixer?