Camo & Krooked - Hot Pursuit (Bulletstorm Remix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by bulletstorm, Dec 26, 2011.

1. bulletstorm

bulletstorm Member

Hi Guys,

This is my remix for the track Hot Pursuit.
    I thought the original was crap, so I used the positives of the original and left the crap leads out of it.
    I tried to make a track that wants to make you move, and I think it is pretty well done.
    The bassline is something that could be better, so I would like to have some feedback on it.
    Also This week a friend of mine is going to play an awesome guitar solo to put into it, I was thinking of having the guitar start in the break, on the background. and to go nuts during the second part of the track. If somebody had another idea I would like to hear it =)

2. brutality

brutality Member

Hey man,

I'd definitely bring down the snare levels, or perhaps choose a different sample to begin with -- I'd imagine a tighter, punchier snare for this kind of tune. Part of this might be fixed easily by just lowering the amount of dry/wet on the reverb, or cutting down the decay a bit. Just use your ears and see what happens for the balance of the tune.

3. bulletstorm

bulletstorm Member

Thanks for your comment.

I'll look into the volumes again.
    But I'm keeping the snare, because I really love it.

4. brutality

brutality Member

Yeah, I think you could keep it, just make sure you also look into the reverb matter!
    EQ and compression are also avenues to look into for making the right sound for the tune (vague, but true!)

5. bulletstorm

bulletstorm Member

thanks man!

I'm just waiting for my friend to make the guitar solo to complete the track and then I will look into the EQ and compression.
    although I did already use compression to make the bassline more pleasant, but it could probably be better =)
    I'll also check the reverb on the snare.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011