Camo & Krooked - Cross The Line (NHS194CD)

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
Those Austrians just keep on bringing the fire to the Hospital camp! Having made the call with TC, looked into the future with Jenna G and Futurebound and generally caused a ruckus with their rambunctious new material on a fictional 80s game show, the terrible two are back with their debut album on Hospital Records. *The album features collaborations with some of the UK’s finest vocalists and producers, including: Bristol based tour de force TC, trance vocalist Shaz Sparks, everyone’s favourite D+B diva Jenna G, Viper Recs boss Futurebound, soulful singer Ayah Marar and upcoming Mancunian talent Skittles. *“Cross The Line” is everything you’d expect and more from the Viennese pair; a fourteen-track rollercoaster ride of emotions, veering between polished vocal-led beauties to filthy tear-out monsters, which firmly establishes Camo & Krooked outside the D+B sphere, as they delve into dubstep, drumstep, electro-house and everything in between. *Highlights from across the high octane adventure, include opener “Get Dirty” with its bouncing, lively melody and feel-good vox, previous single and dubstep smash “All Fall Down” / “Breezeblock”, and the euphoric feelgood fuzziness of title track “Cross The Line”. Elsewhere “The Lesson” adds a grittier, urban edge, “Funk You” brings in some punchy electro-house to the mix, whilst “Afterlife” brings the album to a sensual close, with rippling synths and hypnotic glow. *All in all, it’s an outstanding offering from Camo & Krooked which proves they are soaring well ahead of the game. This is the sound of the future!

01 Get Dirty' featuring TC
02 All Fall Down featuring Shaz Sparks
03 Breezeblock
04 Cross The Line featuring Ayah Marar
05 Make The Call featuring TC
06 Run Riot
07 Anubis
08 In The Future featuring Jenna G and Futurebound
09 The Lesson featuring Skittles
10 Watch It Burn featuring Ayah Marar
11 Hot Pursuit
12 Funk You
13 Far Away
14 Afterlife

Dubstep, drumstep, electro-house and everything in between. Sounds rancid. One to find in the bargain bin at christmas I do believe

I will listen to the previews and see if there is something worth grabbing, but I am pretty sure i wont bag the whole thing. Shame about Portal, but I am sure that there are gonna be a couple of great tunes on there still.

I think portal is coming on a different label with some less hospital tunes

Thought they were signed exclusively to Hospital...

Anyway having just listened to the preview, it's your typical pop drum and bass album not full of the sorts of tunes you're gonna hear at a lot of raves unless you head to Hospitality style ones but i guess you guys had already knew that. Production wise I certainly wouldn't call it boring with lots of different styles. It's not so in your face as Danny Byrd's efforts and the music feels fairly intelligent, well compared to Danny Byrd anyway and until you hear that dubstep sound. However I can't really see this be much of a crossover success but we'll see.. To many nu school Hospitality fans it's going to go down a treat but to the older Hospital head a little less well. It doesn't pack the same charm and character that you would find with High Contrast or London Elektricity's stuff but it wasn't unlistenable, the sort of album you would listen to while surfing the internet etc. I mean I did find my self tapping my foot along to a few songs but then hastily fast forwarding through others....

For me, this next high contrast album is going to be make or break on my decision on hospital. all of the recent output has not had the same impact and hopefully one of their long vetrans can pull it out the bag to gain my intrest again.

For me, this next high contrast album is going to be make or break on my decision on hospital. all of the recent output has not had the same impact and hopefully one of their long vetrans can pull it out the bag to gain my intrest again.

hit the nail on the head with this one, exactly how I feel.

or the next Logistics album

I asked them about Portal a few weeks ago and got this:

CamoKrooked
@della111 the part you heard was just the intro - but it will be part of our album bundle.

It'll be on the "Cross The Line SPECIAL DELUXE NEW EDITION VERSION", probably with loads of generic Hospital remixes.

LEAVE HOSPITAL ALONE

Lol jk, you can carry on until they put out some good stuff (there will be SOME good stuff on the c&k album and I liked N3GUSs roller)

Back
Top Bottom