camo and krooked feel your pulse snare... DAT SNAP. By god how is that done?

W3st

Unsigned DnB Producer
Hey all,

So I just dont understand the INSANITY that some of these commercialers can create nowadays. One thing in particular are those snares in Feel Your Pulse by Camo and Krooked

Here's the track:

Some pointers would be coo. I have heard and seen videos claiming they are made with pitched tom samples with hard dynamic processing but I dont understand the snap that they achieve with such cleanliness. its bat shit absurd.

I usually later 2-3 snares, low mid high, but by god what the fuck. haha okay ill end my shit speak here. ill let you guys fill in the rest if possible.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

theres a bit in that about how they did some snares... doesnt answer ur specific question but the name of the game is to be creative...

Last edited by a moderator:
2 snares layered. The low/mid snare gives you that smash in the chest and usually sits around the 200hz mark. Boost that dominant frequency and run it in mono. The top/high snare they are using would have a very 'wide' stereo sounding qualities. Give it a high pass filter at the low snare's dominant frequency. Compress for a to help that snap, EQ and SPL Transient Designer at the end and Bobs your auntie.

edit: I used to be like you, layering three snares separated from high, mid, to low. Spend hours and hours trying to get that perfected slamming snare. But it all comes down to having a good ear and knowing that less is more. If you can allow the snares sound to breathe you have more chance of tightening them up to get that crisp clean sound, rather than trying to fight a barrage of frequencies

Last edited:
i think in vec1 you can find very similar sounding snares,and with some layering,eq-ing you can achieve it very easily..

Here are some Vids of Camo & Krooked in the studio (german) with english subtitles. I hate their music - although I'm from Austria - but the are pretty good at producing, so...

In the Future

Get Dirty

Not specifically on that snare but i think it's a kind of "inspiration" for you.

I forgot about this track, thanks for bringing it back, some layered snares and and EQ'ing should do the trick :)

How would you go about sampling with all those instruments (serious question, I'm a noob at sampling)

How would you go about sampling with all those instruments (serious question, I'm a noob at sampling)

You'd only be able to nick the transient of a snare if you sample it from a tune (unless there's a part in it where the snare is isolated, like a fill or something), even then you'd probably have to eq it heavily.

That's a processed 909 snare. Or alternatively, a vengeance club snare which will hit around 200hz. That snare is then pitched up to ~280hz (that also pitches the white noise up which makes it sound quite sizzly). There is also a snare hitting a bit lower in there which provides the grittyness...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom