Calzaghe Jones Jr postponed

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by duffer, Jul 25, 2008.

1. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

Bit of a joke its been postponed but with hatton fighting in novemeber against malignaggi and this fight being rearranged for november it could be a good month for boxing.

Joe Calzaghe's proposed September 20 light-heavyweight fight against the former champion Roy Jones Jr at Madison Square Garden has been postponed because the undefeated Welshman has injured a hand in training and cannot be ready in time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/jul/23/joecalzaghe.boxing

And anyone see the point of bernard hopkins fighting pavlik? Pavlik will smash him. But hopefully calzaghe will fight pavlik if they both win there fights!

2. danfreeman1

danfreeman1 Active Member

na joe shouldnt fight pavlik, retire after the roy jones fight man, he will lose to pavlik

3. Hightech

Hightech Member

4. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

I dont see the point of roy jones calzaghe realy? thought calzaghe should of went straight to pavlik? I dont think calzaghe realy tests his self. pavlik should not be fighting hopkins.

Hopkins and roy jones were fighting in 1993 against eachother so why are they fighting people taht are top of there game now? I think its a cop out by joe calzaghe fighting roy jones!

Cant believe margarito beat cotto either. Wanted cotto to win that to set up a fight with de la hoya. Margarito is a sick boxer though.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008