calyx

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by higgy, Jul 8, 2009.

1. higgy

higgy Member

has he got an album forthcomeing this year? swear i saw a post earlyer this mounth on here about something??

any info?

2. thedude

thedude Active Member

i think there is a teebee/calyx album coming soon, but not a solo one as far as i've heard

3. Danny_Intro

Danny_Intro Well-Known Member

yeah been waiting on it, not heard dates
    i know he has a couple of remixes coming from the Automy album, which may see spor steppin up (i hope so)

4. DjTiesticles

DjTiesticles Well-Known Member

The boys have been locked away in the studio for about a year now and things are finally shaping up. Expect a double CD and yet-to-be-decided vinyl format. As far as a release date, they don't want to compromise on anything so a deadline hasn't been set. This is also why no tracks have been in circulation in the scene, as they want to avoid some of the tunes being rinsed to fuck by the time it gets released!

For followers of both artists this album will be a surprise. If you expect Anatomy part 2 you'll be very far off the mark. Re-inventing themselves completely but still retaining the perfectionist approach to production they both share, the album will be a true adventure beyond the signature sound they developed on their last LP. Whilst they have been exploring a diverse range of DnB styles, Calyx has been fine tuning his immense musical skills, while TeeBee has been taking a trip down memory lane and rediscovered his love for in-depth beat programming. The most exciting progression for them both is the venture into other musical forms like House, Minimal, Techno, Breaks, Hip Hop, and more experimental sounds / time-signatures / tempos, as well as working more with vocals.

With a total of about 50 projects/tracks in varying stages of completion, they are currently trying to tie it all together, finding the right 16-20 trax for the LP and finishing them off. Exciting!!!

5. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Sounds wicked man I cant wait, I hope there will be a vinyl release

6. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Fixed :2thumbs:

7. Nick-ep

Nick-ep RudeFM/In-Reach

Sounds pretty big. Theyv got a good idea of keepin em locked away for a bit so they dont get rinsed. Look forward to some fresh beats!

8. Danny_Intro

Danny_Intro Well-Known Member

youve made me sex wee, cant wait