calyx & teebee

funkmod

VIP Junglist
where have these guys gone???
havnt heard anything from them in ages.
Too bad as they have made some sick tunes.

i chatted to calyx at fabric a while ago and he said they have a lot of tracks spanning different genre's for the new album, but arent sure whether to release it as kinda a double thing with all dnb on one and the other stuff on another. really interested to hear what else theyve been making, recon some hip-hop from them would be large!

i chatted to calyx at fabric a while ago and he said they have a lot of tracks spanning different genre's for the new album, but arent sure whether to release it as kinda a double thing with all dnb on one and the other stuff on another. really interested to hear what else theyve been making, recon some hip-hop from them would be large!

Release everything they've been making for the past 2 years on a triple CD

read calyx myspace seems as if they there is 20 tunes 6 of them dnb that are getting released on wax and then a double cd with everything else .
Then again it is myspace...

Update

The album is about 80% Done . No one has heard a single track , besides the one's who's stopped by the studio from time to time . Watch this space ...

All the artists that I recall making an album with many different genres were usually called all sorts of nasty stuff.

Good to see the idea getting some love.

All the artists that I recall making an album with many different genres were usually called all sorts of nasty stuff.

Good to see the idea getting some love.

Hmm? If it's all DnB it gets boring. Like Brother's Hidden Depths album. Not complaining about 21 tracks of liquid goodness, but it has to be digested in pieces. A through-and-through listen is almost impossible.
Phace&Misanthrop's album on the other hand ... :P

Hmm? If it's all DnB it gets boring. Like Brother's Hidden Depths album. Not complaining about 21 tracks of liquid goodness, but it has to be digested in pieces. A through-and-through listen is almost impossible.
Phace&Misanthrop's album on the other hand ... :P

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I couldn't listen to an album of purely drum and bass. I like to hear artists experiment in different genres

Here's the old old news :

« The boys have been locked away in the studio for about a year now and things are finally shaping up. Expect a double CD and yet-to-be-decided vinyl format. As far as a release date, they don't want to compromise on anything so a deadline hasn't been set. This is also why no tracks have been in circulation in the scene, as they want to avoid some of the tunes being rinsed to fuck by the time it gets released!

For followers of both artists this album will be a surprise. If you expect Anatomy part 2 you'll be very far off the mark. Re-inventing themselves completely but still retaining the perfectionist approach to production they both share, the album will be a true adventure beyond the signature sound they developed on their last LP. Whilst they have been exploring a diverse range of DnB styles, Calyx has been fine tuning his immense musical skills, while TeeBee has been taking a trip down memory lane and rediscovered his love for in-depth beat programming. The most exciting progression for them both is the venture into other musical forms like House, Minimal, Techno, Breaks, Hip Hop, and more experimental sounds / time-signatures / tempos, as well as working more with vocals.

With a total of about 50 projects/tracks in varying stages of completion, they are currently trying to tie it all together, finding the right 16-20 trax for the LP and finishing them off. Exciting!!!

There is also a Spor remix of "Make your Choice" coming in the future.

If you want to book Calyx & TeeBee doing their 6 dex / 2 mixer thing, email tmgagency@gmail.com

That is all for now.

Big up! »

whilst we're on the topic, does anyone know where I could find any recent sets of them b2b, from the past year? Also was wondering why their sets were missing from the renegade tapepacks? Their sets from the carnival special and the christmas renegades were both top sets of the night, am desperate to relive those glorious nights again through the sound of these sets

Teebee said on his podcast that the album is due out late february. The singles are finished, they're just working on mixes and remixes. The first album will be DnB only, covering all styles. The next chapter will be 6-9 months later...

Podcast - Soundcloud talks about it on 16 minutes

Jesus. Talk about being long. Late February? That is like 3 years in the making with no other tunes (bar one or two) being made and the two tunes I have heard sound like every other neuro tune out there.

Back
Top Bottom