Calyx & teebee fabriclive 76

This isn't extravagant enough for an April Fools and it's after midday here so I'll say source?

If it's anywhere near the quality of their essential mix this will be fucking huge!!!!

Kinda disappointed that there isn't any exclusive Calyx & Teebee bits in the mix, but I am really intrigued for those Break bits! Should be a good mix.

Doesnt really look like anything special tbh....no Calyx and Teebee dubs in it is also very disappointing seeing as there have been a few about for a while!

would have liked it to be a bit more like their essential mix, seems just a bit too bangery

As there are always mp3 bundles available for each Fabriclive mix you couldn't possibly expect a mix filled with dubs. It looks a bit too banging, that's true, but I'll wait with a judgement till I hear it out.

Love the only comment on that residentadvisor piece

"Well, 34 songs in 80 minutes (maximum), It means 2 min of each. I am not a big fan of this kind mixes, prefer to listen to all lenght of each song. I would like to know if is it because the CD lengh limit or if they realy like to use only a piece of each song. It might be good in techno (Plastikman-Hawtin, Surgeon) but some fast mixed sets are good to listen too (Friction, Andy C). Will see in July!"

I'm sure a mix CD with 11-12 tracks of 6 minutes each would sell well

Love the only comment on that residentadvisor piece

"Well, 34 songs in 80 minutes (maximum), It means 2 min of each. I am not a big fan of this kind mixes, prefer to listen to all lenght of each song. I would like to know if is it because the CD lengh limit or if they realy like to use only a piece of each song. It might be good in techno (Plastikman-Hawtin, Surgeon) but some fast mixed sets are good to listen too (Friction, Andy C). Will see in July!"

I'm sure a mix CD with 11-12 tracks of 6 minutes each would sell well

load of crap innit? 2 min / song is perfect. not too fast, not too slow. you can always buy the track seperately if u wanne hear the tracks.

tracklist looks fine to me. doesnt always have to be exclusive or full with dubs, as long as the music is good and the mixes are on point. and about that c&t essential mix, i thought it was boring.

I dunno i think the tracklist looks pretty shit hot tbh

2098, instant, shining remix, surface noise, star trails, solaris vip, lots of new break bits?

I don't get why you would buy a cd like this for dubs? surely you buy it because it has lots of good tunes mixed well?

There are a few spurious looking tunes but mainly outweighed by the good ones.

I'll probably get this

Tracklist looks quality, lots of good tunes in there, old and new. Having classics as well as new shit always makes a mix stand up to the test of time better than cramming in all the latest dubs.

Interesting tangent about the number of tunes though

Not that there's anything wrong with the modern style of firing in dozens of tunes in an hour, but my favourite Andy C CD by far is his original Drum & Bass Arena one which only has 17 tracks, half as many as this C&T mix:-

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Drum-Bass-Arena/release/22627

See a lot of them are rolled out for 3 or 4 minutes +

I guess it's a combination of the tunes being longer and more progressive back then and Andy's mixing style being a bit less frenetic, but there's a real flow to that mix which you won't really get from smashing out 40 tunes in an hour

Back
Top Bottom