Calyx & Teebee basslines

Deekay[AUS];1411025 said:
Teebee uses Reason and the magical mixdown button, with a side of Reeses Peanut Butter to give them that extra thickness

33681502.jpg

Deekay[AUS];1411028 said:
On a serious note, just a lot of bouncing down, processing, bounce, process and just being really picky about the sounds.

a thing noisia said was 99% of the sounds are made before the track is put together... then with everything they make the track... i can see that being alot easier

You're pretty close. They have their ideas, spend days just doing bass sampling etc and then when it comes to actually putting a tune together it works alot easier. Hence why alot of their music sounds so clean. If a sound doesn't quite fit in there, get rid of it so the other parts of the track can breathe. Don't put a stab or woosh effect for the sake of it.

I can definately see why they do it though, cause you can sit there for hours just looking for that one sound that you may never actually find, there for stagnating the production process.

Last edited:
It's all about expirience combined with try & error.

Yup, Create your sounds before hand, which requires knowledge of how to create that sound. It takes an ENTIRE whole process.

Get your first base sound
then add ohmicide
Then add maybe a sugabytes WOW
Add some more effects

Render out!

Then,
Add more effects
compress
Add limiter

Youre done. Thats JUST an example though you can do whatever the hell you want with sound! Everything does something a bit differently! For example a saturator VST brings it all together more, saturates it more, where as an echo just echos off the signal... So you see it all plays with the same frequenc but does something different! So play with it and get a feel for it! There is no guideline other then Calyx and Teebee probably know their sound synthesis REALLY WELL and sit there and really know what they are doing. Its about knowing what you are doing! And to know you got to learn! And to learn you got to practice! So practice and learn well my friend! :bone: o_O

just to throw it out there, I never used a question mark ! haha just a statement to spark convo - meana ill try the soundgoodizer and the magic mixdown button in future :)

Not sure about Calyx, but Teeb's has been making crazy ass basslines for ages. It really just come with experience and learning. Specifically your synths, modulation and filters, and distortion

Back
Top Bottom