Calyx & Teebee - All Or Nothing

so disappointed with this album. It's more like Calyx b2b Teebee. On some tracks there's a ridiculous lack of flow.
We already knew they could produce amazing twisted sounds. It's just not impressive after 5 minutes. You've all heard the last album right.
So much bigging this up going around seems a bit mindless.

Had high hopes for this, especially as a chance for RAM to make up for some other things, but this is not the one.

interesting take on it, i've only listened to the album once so will reserve judgement for a while.
Edit: i wasn't overly keen on the spy album but im really enjoying it the more i listen.

:dutty: some epic albums in 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
i love about 2/3 of it. a lot of its a bit too steppy for me. but in saying this there are some fucking bangers. nothing i can say is so big. as are a lot of others. just a few im not feeling. on the whole its a massive release and they should be fucking proud of it

Yeah you know. Nothing I can say is the best on there IMO. That change up works so well

Gotta say it's all a bit samey. Still great stuff, loved the singles. Elevate this sound is probably my favourite.

Gotta say it's all a bit samey. Still great stuff, loved the singles. Elevate this sound is probably my favourite.

I reckon the Enei Album is more samey than this! Pretty of the tunes are pretty much techy rollers I agree, but the moods are all different which I like, so anough variety imo. I'm with Cartel in that only 2/3 of the tunes are are what I'd consider good, where as there are a few on there I'd pass quite easily. But what good in the album is actually great. We Fall Away is just pure madness, cant get enough of that one.

pre-ordered it from ram records on 20th October, is it normal that it still hasn't arrived yet? (living in Austria, normally stuff takes about a week to get here, did they just send it out on monday or did they send it out to arrive on 5th november, in which case it got lost somewhere?)

Just listened to the album in studio and in the car. Great production, but its overlimited!!

Killed the dynamics and made the albums sound flat.

Comparing it to SPY album which is less loud, warmer and nicer to listen to only because of less limiting in the mastering stage.

Sad story with loudness, because they spend so much money and time to release it.

Would have been great if it was 2 db less limiter.

can you explain what you mean with "less limiting in the mastering stage"? or anyone else, because i don't understand this. you want to say that it's poorly mastered? or that the album is just too loud? turn the volume down? no?

can you explain what you mean with "less limiting in the mastering stage"? or anyone else, because i don't understand this. you want to say that it's poorly mastered? or that the album is just too loud? turn the volume down? no?

What he means, in a nutshell. Is that basically a ceiling has been applied to the track (the limiter) what this does is it stops the track going over a certain DB (0 in this case). Now with this in place it means you can compress and squash the sound to get more volume and magic out of it, without it ever theoretically going over 0 decibels (when this happens, clipping occurs) however as you do this, tracks start to lose their dynamics, and the waveforms appear more solid, with peaks and low points less pronounced, leading to a loud but flat and less exciting sound. I think that's roughly right.

Sent from mans Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk.

What he means, in a nutshell. Is that basically a ceiling has been applied to the track (the limiter) what this does is it stops the track going over a certain DB (0 in this case). Now with this in place it means you can compress and squash the sound to get more volume and magic out of it, without it ever theoretically going over 0 decibels (when this happens, clipping occurs) however as you do this, tracks start to lose their dynamics, and the waveforms appear more solid, with peaks and low points less pronounced, leading to a loud but flat and less exciting sound. I think that's roughly right.

okay, thanx a lot!

I reckon the Enei Album is more samey than this! Pretty of the tunes are pretty much techy rollers I agree, but the moods are all different which I like, so anough variety imo. I'm with Cartel in that only 2/3 of the tunes are are what I'd consider good, where as there are a few on there I'd pass quite easily. But what good in the album is actually great. We Fall Away is just pure madness, cant get enough of that one.
I'm with u on the we fell away track think its the CHOON of the album upto now

That is right, good explanation. I do a lot of mastering for DnB scene and such a big album took my attention. I bet 99% of people don't notice this as far as production is that clean, but if you compare it to some other less loud/limited quality dnb albums you will notice the flatness they added by doing this.

Bit of a shame really.

Back
Top Bottom