Calyx and Teebee sign exclusively to Ram Records

wow! this is interesting

hope the album comes out soon and doesnt get clogged up with all the forthcoming Ram releases!

huuuuuuge signing!

crazy! Ram must be pretty excited about getting that album. Lucky label to have Culture Shock/Calyx/Teebee/Break all releasing tunes for you

Hmm I'm not excited to be honest. Considering how much time RAM usually takes to release albums I'd guess we won't see the album for another 2 years or so (first single in a few months at best). Good for boys to get signed to such a big label, good for RAM as well, they're definitely diversifying their possible output, but I don't have much hope for the soon release of their LP anymore...

All good stuff. I almost feel as if RAM are trying to alter their image slightly though.
Either way, good work to Calyx and Teebee for getting signed to RAM.
Rene LaVice is also good news, loving his stuff.

Good news but I just want them to hurry up and release their album already!
yo
Great signing for them
tis indeed
i hope they bring the old dirty sound of ram back...makes sense
fingers crossed
I almost feel as if RAM are trying to alter their image slightly though.

so they should.
maybe this is just my opinion but ram have sucked donkey balls for quite some time now.
yeah ok so link to the past was a big dance smasher... so what have they done, spent a year putting out carbon copies of the same tune by diffrent people. ram im bored already.
most of the ones that havent been the same have sucked in all honesty. the ep with renne la peu on and evs dead on was a nice change but far from the quality of an ep i would like from them.

hopefully carl and toby wont be pushed in any kind of direction to make tunes especially for ram and they will give them their normal output.

i dont care if ram want to continue putting out their throw away blender sounding jump up tunes but at least show some more diversity.
its about time they were on top of the game again. by that i mean output wise not how many units they shift.

yo

tis indeed

fingers crossed

so they should.
maybe this is just my opinion but ram have sucked donkey balls for quite some time now.
yeah ok so link to the past was a big dance smasher... so what have they done, spent a year putting out carbon copies of the same tune by diffrent people. ram im bored already.
most of the ones that havent been the same have sucked in all honesty. the ep with renne la peu on and evs dead on was a nice change but far from the quality of an ep i would like from them.

hopefully carl and toby wont be pushed in any kind of direction to make tunes especially for ram and they will give them their normal output.

i dont care if ram want to continue putting out their throw away blender sounding jump up tunes but at least show some more diversity.
its about time they were on top of the game again. by that i mean output wise not how many units they shift.

Imma stop you there, but RAM put out some of the best tunes of last year imo, Ohrwurm/Protection, Hot Love/Breakfast, Now It's Time, and some great tunes on the Transmission LP, the only ones i didnt bag was that godawful delta heavy single. Going to have someone whinging at me that Critical has had far more consistently good releases, but i dont give a shit really, RAM aren't doing bad the way they're going.

like i said tho, its my opinion
the only tunes i brought last year were hot love and dimensions 5
and tbh i wasn't that impressed with them.

for a label i used to class as buy on sight its seems pretty poor.

RAM are apparently pushing this kind of style because most of the people seem to like it (count me in). When for example Brainstorm comes in the mix, everyone's heads are bursting on the drop, that's the thing most people enjoy while being on the dancefloor. RAM stands somewhere right in the middle of melodic and jump-up or deep and techy drum and bass, pure mainstream, but good mainstream (hello Hospital).

Anyways Toby just said the album should drop this summer/fall, let's see if it will actually happen :)

Back
Top Bottom