Calyx and Teebee Essential Mix - 8/12/2012

id just like them to just play relentless gully dnb for 2 hours, when do you ever go and watch calyx and tebee play house and techno?!?! Prime dnb mix was the high contrast one, that was untouchable, obviously andyc one was badman too

But its a recorded mix, not a live set so why not throw something else in there?

Ya, this is their chance to showcase themselves as DJ's, not just drum & bass club bangers. It definitely won't be as ruff as their club sets. We aren't dancing to the radio after all

Same here! I don't really rate Hip -Hop House or Techno

Missed the beginning but the house/tech house stuff was so bland, genuinely could have been any old DJ. Fair play it's their choice but just felt like a waste of precious essential mix airtime for dnb and that's where their selection is truly strongest.

Loving it now.

tracklisting looks good, will listen later. although would have liked to have seen a few new tunes in there.

But its a recorded mix, not a live set so why not throw something else in there?

dnb essential mixes are so far and few in between, i thought its a real chance to market your genre.
To me, its like saying to andy c , in the next nightlife, as its not a live set, wack in some radiohead, u never play it out live, but why not....
I would have liked C & T to blow the dust off anatomy and go in hard with tunes from like that and from no turning back (see they played dead ringer tho), not this new radio friendly multi genre style everyone and his dog is doing.
thats just my opinion tho, and havnt listen to it yet, sure its entertaining never the less

agree with hazdaman. why is it that some dnb producers/dj-s feel the need to play hip hop and techno and house or whatever in their essential mix. to be original? bitch please.... if i want to listen a techno set i know where to search one. if i'm going to listen calyx n teebee i expect to hear neurofunk.

but then of course it probably wouldn't been nominated for essential mix of the year.

Back
Top Bottom