CalmPete - Last One Home (Dubstep. Need help before free release)

agree with scotty, way to much going on, a shame coz theres allot of kool stuff in there, maybe get those sounds spread out accross the track so they come in at diffrent times, or filter between the sounds, bounce of each other and interact with the bass and precussion, its pretty hard to focus on the bass n precussion at the moment, really all i'm gettin is the occasional kick and lots of blurry hats, it could be a really kool track i think

i'd suggest redoing the mixdown, set everything to zero and get hte kick/snare & bass tight and fat, then bring everything else in

not sure what the mario thing on the bass is? kinda hard to tell at the moment...

Setting everything to zero, Renaming/organizing/coloring everything in here. To clear up the number of elements, im trying to eliminate the bagpipe during the parts where theres the "screamer" synth.
As for arrangement, do things seemed rushed? is that why there are too many elements?

I'm finally convinced. I've scoured the internets, pulled up tutorials, pulled up guides, pulled up "eq recipes" and have now commenced what is going to be a long learning process.

Update: took 5meo's advice. Completely redid the mixing (after copious reading). Please tell me if it is an improvement. I believe its a whole lot more clear, less clash. I'd like to get it finished asap.

sounding nice an clear man, good stuff, the whole thing works together now,feelin it, mixdown is pretty good, needs a little more sparkle in the top end, esp on the snare and hi-hats, and maybe a little less compression and limiting on the master output. overall massive improvement, nice one, great track

Cheers to that. I added a hair more on topend, however I am far too sick of it to push it any further. Definitely carrying over knowledge to the next tune (NOT DUBSTEP!), and hopefully that will be even a better mixdown.

Back
Top Bottom