CalmPete - Clean Air (almost there!)

snare needs more thumb to it and everythign seems a little to compressed when the bass drops in, that muddies things up quite a bit imo and the drums almost disappear completely.

arrangement wise i think the breakdown after only 32 bars seems quite odd.

keep at it!

much thanks for the listen. I will recheck the composition in terms of bars (count everything). With saw basses that require both lower frequencies for the bass, and higher for the actual saw sound portion, is it better to clone/seperate it into two portions instead of eqing it be in both? (sorry if this makes no sense)

Yeah, this is massively over-compressed. I think your effects might just be too loud and they're crushing everything with the master compressor. Whenever I mix a track, I drop everything to zero and go from there. Once your loudest element is in place (undoubtedly the kick drum,) never turn anything up past it - turn other things down instead.

You don't exactly need studio quality equipment to get a good mix. Make sure you reference against other tracks whilst you're mixing, and you should be able to get something respectable.

The melodies are really beautiful, and they intertwine really well...love them.

Back
Top Bottom