Calling to Dnbforum soldiers - Wiki article

It would be awesome if it said:

dnbForum - Worldwide D&B web site featuring news, interviews, audio, video, photos and a busy forum

(y) :teeth:

Sorted.

Guys, keep a watch on the wiki. Its easy to edit too if anybody wants to change what it is written about dnbforum or about dnb in general.

There is a massive war about dnb = jungle. Hehe.

Dustek said:
Sorted.

Guys, keep a watch on the wiki. Its easy to edit too if anybody wants to change what it is written about dnbforum or about dnb in general.

There is a massive war about dnb = jungle. Hehe.

I really love wikipedia, and I like the way anyone can edit it and it just sorts itself out.
Unfortunately this little war about definitions is one of the drawbacks. 18 year olds for whom the name 'jungle' harks back to childhood see it as totally different to dnb, whereas very few people who actually lived thru the scene make this hard and fast distinction. At best there is a huge grey area in music of this era, and trying to define the actual subtlety of it is too hard because everyone had different experience of it.
Also, I think there is a fair bit of mythology that has become 'fact', or just over-simplifies what happened. I loved "All Crews" but I think it has contributed to this, as has Knowledge mag.

Dustek said:
Somebody keeps on removing dnbforum from the links section. If you see it disappear, put it back on. Don't vandalize knobsgoneflaccid or bananarena links.

is someone jelous of the fame and integrity of this board? really sounds like someone from bananaarena is doing this...

yesterday i accidentally checked to banana and i found the most retarded thread ever "worst dj names in the dnb scene"... cant find it atm, but it went something like this

"grooverider is retarded" - "your mother is retarded" - "f*ck you!"

"fabio is gay" - "yeah, fabio is retarded" - "yeah..."

im just wondering has bananaarena turned into a chavforum with the average iq around 50-60? well i know its been bad over the years, but this thread really made me wonder...

mesh said:
I really love wikipedia, and I like the way anyone can edit it and it just sorts itself out.
Unfortunately this little war about definitions is one of the drawbacks. 18 year olds for whom the name 'jungle' harks back to childhood see it as totally different to dnb, whereas very few people who actually lived thru the scene make this hard and fast distinction. At best there is a huge grey area in music of this era, and trying to define the actual subtlety of it is too hard because everyone had different experience of it.

In 2 years time they'll be arguing about whether Mc Hackney is nu skool grime or handbag grime funk.

Back
Top Bottom