Calling LUCIDUK??????

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Where are you???????

I cant find any of your tracks on here anymore? And I was following you on soundcloud but your gone from there too!

Was it something we said???

Come baaaaaaack!!!!

haha wow i only deleted all my shit last night ! lol na

basically not happy with my output right now.. i need to find a new personna, a new name thats fully original, and solid beats with a particular style.. (when i find it)
gonna just be me and the studio for a while. gonna put more time into it, and not just produce something for the sake of it.

ive been making kinda half-assed beats; stuff i made in a few days that i just want people to hear as soon as im sick of it. even tho not that many people listen right now anyway... i will still comment everyone in this section tho in the mean time, but il be back with something solid for people to listen to

Well you were the one keeping this place alive lol! Now I need to put more into it now too lol!

Well good luck being more sensible.....bet it dont last long!

true that, il be posting tracks again be it in a week or a month.. as long as it takes. too much of this place aint healthy anyways haha

dont like to admit it but 4 years now, i started when i was 16...
never did anything too serious til i started dnb again about 14 months ago

i really only been learning how to use synthesizers and how to EQ stuff over the last year,
i only used preset patches til about a year ago,
eventually i quit weed near the start of this year and finished those 4 tracks i have since then but they still aint really quite where i wanna be..

gonna put myself away for a bit until i find my style... i really wanna make something fresh but im still quite shit at the moment

thanks man! very kind. gonna keep at it so long as i dont go mad!

whats the story with you guys anyway? how long u been in the game? what did you make before dnb?

dont like to admit it but 4 years now, i started when i was 16...
never did anything too serious til i started dnb again about 14 months ago

i really only been learning how to use synthesizers and how to EQ stuff over the last year,
i only used preset patches til about a year ago,
eventually i quit weed near the start of this year and finished those 4 tracks i have since then but they still aint really quite where i wanna be..

gonna put myself away for a bit until i find my style... i really wanna make something fresh but im still quite shit at the moment

Understood my friend... but imo.. you're being waaay too hard on yourself.
Christ, I've been at this since '99 and I'm 30 now. I literally have hundreds and hundreds of unfinished work with about 80% of those being worthy of my time.

At a certain point, you'll realize something... whether it's the decision to try to be an artist that's heard around the world and has releases on wax/etc/etc... or to simply make music for the sheer enjoyment that you get out of it... or a lil bit of both.. you need to have fun with it.

Don't worry about not being "the best you can be", because with Art: you'll ALWAYS be striving to do something better.

Hell, for my first 4 years, all I did was make music on a K. Triton... had no idea about sequencing on a Computer. I had a grip on making riffs and sampling and that was it. I learned a great deal being restricted to one piece of gear, but I wish I'd started with a Computer and something like Live right from the start. No worries, I made due.

When I was introduced to Live in '04 by a good friend of mine, my world was flipped upside down. Having to learn how to do proper mixdows is something I'm still getting better at with every piece I construct. And to this day, still haven't written anything that fires me up the way I know I will someday.

We all 'gel' at one point or another... some take longer than others.. the main reason I've taken so long is because I don't make music all that often.. I might get in there once every couple weeks. Or decide to make a track and spend an entire week grinding it out... I do it this way and at my ultimate leisure because it's enjoyable to be free when making music.

Not to preach, but a word of advise: just let it flow and you'll be happy with your output. Ultimately: I think you've a lot to be proud of because your Prod on that last tune sounds as solid as anything can be, and the musical ideas were very well thought out.

penny
penny

Last edited:
thanks man that is quite a deep post !

i know what your saying... but i dont think theres many problems with being critical of yourself if it helps you to progress.

dont get me wrong man i wouldnt be able to spend so many hours writing if i didnt enjoy every minute of it. i am really proud of everything ive been doing lately but what keeps me writing is to know that i can constantly improve on the sound i already have, and that gives me more satisfaction than i had from the last track.

i really appretiate your messege here its definatly something i will remember when im thinking too much about the music.

im going to take a break from the forum in general for a bit too but i will check to see if u guys have any tunes posted as you guys have always given me great feedback.

thanks man.

Last edited:
thanks man that is quite a deep post !

i know what your saying... but i dont think theres many problems with being critical of yourself if it helps you to progress.

dont get me wrong man i wouldnt be able to spend so many hours writing if i didnt enjoy every minute of it. i am really proud of everything ive been doing lately but what keeps me writing is to know that i can constantly improve on the sound i already have, and that gives me more satisfaction than i had from the last track.

i really appretiate your messege here its definatly something i will remember when im thinking too much about the music.

im going to take a break from the forum in general for a bit too but i will check to see if u guys have any tunes posted as you guys have always given me great feedback.

thanks man.

NP, coolbeans: just come back and see us from time to time : )

Definitely post your tunes as you finish them and I look forward to your feedback on my future work.

Most definitely... it's impossible to improve if one is unwilling to self scrutinize his own art.

Back
Top Bottom