Call it what you want

When me and my friend put on our nights up watford, we called the first event "The Revival" as it was the revival of the dnb scene in watford. The second one we called "Decknology". I thought this one sounded better

DJ_Small_Paul said:
nice, do you recon Dillinja would let anyone use "Grimey" as a name?

He didnt originate the word, so I guess not!

Think what style of dnb your gonna be playing an whats the venue an work around that, eg: liquid an funky dnb in a bar - Phunk'd, Darkside dnb in a club - Evil Intentions, Jumpup an Party tunes - Step On/Step Up.

Few Ideas - Phunkd is already a night tho (just for an example).

I know it sounds cheesy as fuck, but you need to think off a name with a double meaning, for example, if you call your night Shake Your Ass Off, people who have heard of the night will be saying to all their friends 'hey bob, are you going to Shake Your Ass Off on friday night?', it gives something distinct to remember, as opposed to a random name associated with the music or the scene, i'm not saying this is a bad thing, but i just think its funnier this way. i'm really sad i know.

Caution said:
My mates used to run an event called Nocturnal Combustion. Always thought that was a wicked name for a night...

Whey I gave a party named like that here alot of people won't be able to pronounce it correctly :) :sing:

Me next party will probably call Bassix.

Cherio
D'Lo

Wicked ideas dnb heads, some diddy person i asked said what about "BANGERS AND MASHED" as much as i laughed at her when she said it........its growin on me! think of the flyers!!!

I like the idea of namin it to suit the style, has to be something like "Quake" or "Tremor" (as in the ground, cos there is silly amounts of bass)

Nice

:gpeace:

I quite like the name 'Breakneck'. That might work. :lol:

No, seriously, I like 'Quake' too.

'Grimey', I don't think Dillinja would have a problem, (as long as the night was very good), but I think you may have a problem with people outside Dnb (and casual Dnb clubbers even) thinking it was a Grime night.

I've got loads of ideas for names, some of which are quite good (I think), but I'm honour bound not to share them, in case you or someone used one, and then somewhere down the line I/we wanted to use that name for a label, brand, event, etc of our own.

I'm happy to give opinions on any names / ideas you've got tho.

d.

Also think of how it sounds, impact, the syllables, how it flows, can an MC rhyme it...etc?

Last edited:
:confused:

Still in pondering.....

New ideas:

Rumble, Dynamism, Celerity, CLASSroom, Clique, Tremble, Quiver, Shiver, Lunacy, Neighbourhood watch (for local event)....

:monkey:

D'Lo said:
Whey I gave a party named like that here alot of people won't be able to pronounce it correctly :) :sing:

Me next party will probably call Bassix.

Cherio
D'Lo

Not unless you want my solicitor calling you you wont ;)

we used to have Gravitylab and Audiodrome in stoke. We then collaborated with Audiodrome to create Audiolab.
pretty cool huh! unfortunatly they both died and SNATCH? is the only dnb night in stoke.
I reckon GOOCH! or PUBE! would be good names, he he he
what about Helter Skelter that would sound cool :kermit: :fag:

Back
Top Bottom