Drum & Bass calibre style liquid

Discussion in 'Production' started by Bare Grillz, Mar 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bare Grillz

Bare Grillz New Member

yoyo, i made a track in the calibre kind of style, would appreciate some feedback before i start playing it out & eventually release it!

also, as a more topic based thing, has anyone got a good starting point for nice samples based around this area? deep soulful stuff, not that cheesy liquid shit!

took me days just to find a sample that was decent enough, but i feel like there's a genre or area of music that might be a bit more specific to what i'm after..

and also, i do dig for records to sample but the internet is equally good at times, so please don't just say 'dig' haha!

peace

2. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

Post tracks in 'new talent and track reviews' if you want them reviewed.

I like this track, it's a good imitation of calibre's style. One thing that sticks out to me is the piano part has a little too much reverb and is a bit busy (too many notes, it's playing almost constantly). I think it'd be better if you took out some bits which would give it more impact and phrasing. Otherwise it's a nice melody.

Calibre has been known to use his own vocals/samples sometimes. Consider asking any proper instrumentalists/vocalists (no matter what they play) you know if you can record a snippet.

3. Bare Grillz

Bare Grillz New Member

Sorry man still about new to this, will do in future.

Okay yeah so shorten it down and tone it back with the reverb, i posted this on DOA, and they said the same, so this seems like something that needs to be done, bit of creative culling!

But yeah my friends got a mad post-war Dulcitone so i need to record that, just hard with shite mic's etc to get efficient quality! cheers for the advice though. Will take a lot of it on! peace