Calibre - Shelflife 3 (Signature) Out March 24th

Amazing collection of tunes.

I would buy a 4x12" vinyl LP of all the cd only tunes from the last few calibre albums, a shelflife extra, but I guess I'd be in the minority there which is why they are cd only.

Is the vinyl only on Surus?

Going in other stores to be released on the 7th April that's why I'm waiting too

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing collection of tunes.

I would buy a 4x12" vinyl LP of all the cd only tunes from the last few calibre albums, a shelflife extra, but I guess I'd be in the minority there which is why they are cd only.

Yes I wouldnt mind at least another plate

In 100 years time when people are discussing who is the most consistent artist in the history of dnb I would be amazed if Calibre wasn't in the top 10.

I would love to have a copy of his hard drive.

Roll on Shelflife 4

In 100 years time when people are discussing who is the most consistent artist in the history of dnb I would be amazed if Calibre wasn't in the top 10.

I would love to have a copy of his hard drive.

Roll on Shelflife 4

Without a doubt!

It makes me wonder (no pun intended) if people will still be making dnb in 100 years.

No

Find me 10 more consistent producers. Calibre has never made a really bad tune.

You misunderstand :)

Calibre is completely unparalleled when it comes to music production. He has already produced more tunes than most could even dream of doing in a lifetime.....and that's not even taking the standard of production into consideration.

The guy produces more quality DnB in a week than most producers do in a year. He creates tunes solely to be played once for a specific gig/mix (that we will never hear again) that are better and more original than 90% of the music you hear being churned out.

There is literally no comparison, he's in a different league, so debating whether he would be in the top 10 is just silly!

Calibre is completely unparalleled when it comes to music production. He has already produced more tunes than most could even dream of doing in a lifetime.....and that's not even taking the standard of production into consideration.

The guy produces more quality DnB in a week than most producers do in a year. He creates tunes solely to be played once for a specific gig/mix (that we will never hear again) that are better and more original than 90% of the music you hear being churned out.

There is literally no comparison, he's in a different league, so debating whether he would be in the top 10 is just silly!

Sorry for the misunderstanding

I completely agree with what you have wrote and couldn't have put it better myself.

A lot of his tunes aren't all that creative and follow a very similar structure though. I'm not saying he doesn't make great tunes, but with his style, it's not surprising he can bang them out. He's really into sampling, which saves a ton of time too. I love me some Calibre btw.

they might not be the most diverse in terms of sounds and structure, granted.

But, they are consistently the most musical pieces by an immeasurable distance imo

*calibre love in thread*:grouphug:

But, they are consistently the most musical pieces by an immeasurable distance imo

Nail on head James.

Untouchable in our scene...I do think sometimes he should slow down on the amount of releases but why the fuck would you when everything that comes out people want in their collection.

I think as Wanye put in his interview with Break - i'd love to see some different collabs with Calibre, obviously Break is a great shout - but even someone like Furney or Random Movement I personally think would make a great collaboration

Back on topic. Loving the album. Probably my favourite Shelflife.

Back
Top Bottom