Calibre - Second Sun appreciation thread...

deadaelus

Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
just got a chance to hear some low quality audio samples (which are up the the chemical records dubplates section)

tracklisting:

Bullets [Feat. Diane Charlemagne] / Got A Thing
All The While / Second Sun
Is It U / Consulate Harm [Feat. Lariman]
Go Back To Go Forward / Kiya [Feat. Crow]

This album is really beautiful. Again a stellar use of pads and strings by the symphonic master calibre. This album is one to listen to end to end over and over, a true masterpiece of our times.

My current favorite pics on the album are: Bullets, Got a Thing, All the While, Second Sun, Go Back Go Forward, Crow. (pretty much the whole dang album)

It really hurts waiting for the album and i'm really tempted to nab a white label copy, but i have had prevoius bad experinces with the press quality of Signature white label releases, so i think i may have to sit tight until the official release is out.

Every track is top rate, Calibre does it again. Can't wait for the MIST:I:CAL lp either. :dutty: :cheerlead

amazin album, i heard promos were going for £100 on ebay! can't say its worth that much but certainly lookiin forward to the release date. DnB for any mood/occasion :not_worth

DJ Guvna said:
this album is amazing, cant wait 4 the mist:i:cal lp

Ya i have been patiently awaiting both of these albums since it was made public that they were gonna be released around the same time. However i am ultimately dissapointed that the MISTICAL album has been delayed indefinately. Typical Soul:R delay release tactics, note this is a good way to hype something without having people judge the quality of the tunes.

klusta said:
this has taken an age to come out! well worth the wait though

:shades:

Indeed, plenty of phatness. I just can't wait to get my hands on 'All The While', that's one of the most soulful tunes I've heard in a long time :)

Discogs. Really love this CD. Second Sun the trach is a fucking belter and one of my fav Calibre tracks

Not really feeling it.

A couple of wicked tracks, but not enough to justify a purpose.
you might catch some flak for that but I 100% agree... not even a half as good as musique concrete imo, and I've not really been into calibre since.

love this, it didn't get a digital release, did it?

anyone wanna sell me the CD?

check ya pm's

Back
Top Bottom