Calibre-ish dnb i've made, feedback appreciated!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by prettyherb, Jan 22, 2014.

1. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

So basically here under you can listen to the concept of the track, it needs more detail and more filling in the breakdown, but any tips and/ or advice is really appreciated! I'm thinking of trying to send out this tune to labels in the genre of fokuz music :p

Grtz!

If the track here is not working, just click the link, it's private :)

2. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

I'm impressed on how this song can be so chilled. I dunno if it's because I spent the whole day listening to Black Sun Empire and Noisia, but well... back to your song. Man, to me, there's really nothing I'd say is missing here. The only concern of mine is when you say you are going to send this song to labels, right? The spoken samples, where did you get from? Have you cleared them? Those are questions the labels may ask you, and if your answer is "Huh.... yeah, erm..." then they'll probably cut you out. In their way of thinking: "This guy is using uncleared samples on a demo, if we sign to him, he may do it again, and we could legally be in trouble". That's my opinion, though.

3. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

What do you mean by 'cleared them out' ? :)

They are from the movie Boondock Saints, 'the courtroom speech scene'. Epic stuff i HAD to sample :D

4. Dark Lizardro

what I mean is: Even the speeches from movies are protected under copyright laws, so basically, by law, you can't use them on a song, unless you got permission by the company that owns the rights to that movie.

5. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

Hmmyeah.. Maybe i can send them an instrumental version.. BUT. Barfight from athys & duster, maybe well-known to you, has also samples from that movie... And that tune got signed on titan records and even won dnb tune of the year a couple of years ago :p

6. Dark Lizardro

Most probably because they had permission to use the sample. I stopped using movies samples on my music because of this. Who knows when you're gonna get into trouble for using them?

7. prettyherb

prettyherb O I

Hmm.. Gonna ask them straight away.. Have a gig with them in couple of weeks .. Anyways cheers for the feedback :) !!

8. Dark Lizardro

You're welcome, man!