Calibre is god... DISCUSS!!!

DJAccess

What do you guys reckon. Theres a lot of liquid funk styles out there with tunes that seem to go nowhere. It may be well produced but seems to lack any depth or meaning.

Personally i think that Calibre's tunes are on a whole different level to most of the scenes producers at the moment. Im just sat listening to Its Over and Life and im really feeling a deep emotional drive from them. These are tunes you could really lose yourself in. It may just be the reflective mood im in this evening but id like to know what you guys take is on the man.

Im gonna put together a mix this week of some liquid vibes. Some wicked tunes out there at the moment. If theres call i'll send it down to Stu for inclusion on the site.

Calibre is god of that sound, even though I dont buy or play DNB of that type, I do enjoy listening to it in the mix when at home, or in the car.

:love: Calibre - Itz.. (Soul:r) :love:

Yes, Calibre is the man, no question. It's Over, Brother, Just Fine, Makes Me Wonder, My Chance, Fire and Water, Everlast, Tempo Dub, Things R Re-Arranging, anything with Mist:i:cal like Cold Halo, Mist:i:cal Dub, plus about a billion remixes. I own all his releases on vinyl :pimp:

Soooooo many good tunes (and a coupla not so good ones, but even those are better than most other producer's good ones).

However, not feelin' that new Jaheim remix that everyone seems to be so keen on. But it might just grow on me...

Have to agree, he is the daddy of that sound. Definately know what Nicks saying about an emotional drive in his tunes, theres a LOT of feeling put into em.

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

he played at our party in Nottingham on Friday....killed it

wikid wikid tunes and mixing skills - big it up :pimp:

I don't like "liquid funk", so ju ju and calibre are no.... is that ok? :crazy:

klute is ok... just ok. I sold my copy of phuturo 001 today.
still looking for a vinyl copy of surreal killer remix...

Calibre is someone I discovered recently, and as a liquid funk lover, when I for example heard Mystic I was landed in some sort of dreamscape. So subtle, a bit ruff edged, but so beautiful. 100% agreed, peepz better watch out for this guy in the future.

Originally posted by jungleselekta
I don't like "liquid funk", so ju ju and calibre are no.... is that ok? :crazy:

klute is ok... just ok. I sold my copy of phuturo 001 today.
still looking for a vinyl copy of surreal killer remix...

i'm with you on that one, i can't stand it either

Originally posted by martin
anyone heard his remix of the badmarsh and shri tune forthcoming on outcaste? 1st tune on fabios last show :slayer:
its so fucking good isnt it..

muredration rapin and killin ! :afro: badman, and hes irish,

we will rule the world with our soulful sound :gun: :chainsaw:

The master of simplicity in tunes. Every tune just hits a certain groove and gets you swinging along with it.

Badmarsh and Shri - Signs Remix, now that is one heavy tune. Once again just swings along the whole track with a bassline to devistate dancefloors. :slayer:

I like his older bits but really haven't been impressed with his latest, they seemed to lack the depth of the older ones

Originally posted by azonica
Yes!! That tune is Lush, Marky played it at homelands too :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Aaaah! Is that the tune that he rewinds and teases Pitch dem Up over the intro of? I been wondering what that tune was, figured it was probably a Calibre thing.

Calibre is the don.

Don't really agree about simplicity someone mentionned here. There's quiet a lot of layers and subtle used samples in his tunes compared with for instance a BC tune where the bassline just makes the tune. Analyze Just Fine or Brother and try to discover the sequences. wicked!

:love:

Back
Top Bottom