calibre - cream (?)

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Large Marge, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Large Marge

Large Marge garbage truck

big tune. has this ever come out?

cant see it listed anywhere on rolldabeats (even in the 'unreleased' section), dunno if it was just a working title though...

2. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

Never heard it before, probably one of the many great tunes he made and sadly discarded

3. Large Marge

shame if so...

4. rhythm

rhythm Active Member

That tune is at least 15 years old. Who knows, maybe it'll show up on another shelf life compilation as he's put tunes from around that period on them (including the most recent one)

5. Phillasophical

Phillasophical Active Member

I don't get it? It's not that great of a tune. Seems tracks that have the name calibre in front of it instantly get god status. The guy makes great tracks but some are pretty boring and nothing special

6. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

haters! nelson? not far from here. I'm in blenheim roght now... seems the wrong side of the planet for drums and bass.

7. Phillasophical

Phillasophical Active Member

Plenty of Dnb going on here (not soo much Blenheim), Upbeats be back next month! Come over for a mix bro, I'll pull out my Calibre plates for ya haha

8. Large Marge

yeah, guess that's the best bet

ironically I don't rate much he's done since about 2004-ish. I even gave my copy of second sun away to someone on here. This track reminds me of the musique concrete stuff, which is far and away the best thing he's ever done imo. Ho-hum...

9. tyranny

tyranny Well-Known Member

Not really feeling that tbh, I have an old dubplate with two pre-Musique Concrete jams on it that never surfaced though, if memory serves they were meant to have come out on Quadrophonic back before he met Fabio but then Quadrophonic folded and that was that. Might upload some day but feel weird putting someone else's unreleased music online.