Cable Management

check b&q or possibly pc world an places like that, some of them will have cable tiding things either tubes or covers to keep them all together and neat

if you've got a really permanent setup/desk going on, you could consider drilling some holes...
A bigger one behind the the mixer, smaller ones behind the turntables/cdjs and amp.

(for the guys with a DVS system, gonna need an extra hole where you put the soundcard)

Make sure not to have needless length cables as well, always a recipe for spaghetti. Make groups of cables that all go to the same place into a loom, much neater.

Make groups of cables that all go to the same place into a loom, much neater.

Definately this. (can you tell I'm an electrical engineer? :D)

Keep power cables and interconnects / speaker cables seperate though. Running them together parallel will induce noise. Where you have to cross power cables and interconnects, try to do it at a 90 degree angle.

I hate messy cables, really makes me mad. Even when they're not in use they have to to wrapped up properly.

And good point about power/audio cables. Crossing them = Bad darts.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-C...w/04-0400?source=googleps&utm_source=googleps

4406800.jpg

I tend to find cables put to the back of the table look better, compared to cables at the front

Keep power cables and interconnects / speaker cables separate though. Running them together parallel will induce noise. Where you have to cross power cables and interconnects, try to do it at a 90 degree angle. This is the good technique to make the cable connection very easy and comfortable to remember. It is really amazing and outstanding.

Definately this. (can you tell I'm an electrical engineer? :D)

Keep power cables and interconnects / speaker cables seperate though. Running them together parallel will induce noise. Where you have to cross power cables and interconnects, try to do it at a 90 degree angle.

Keep power cables and interconnects / speaker cables separate though. Running them together parallel will induce noise. Where you have to cross power cables and interconnects, try to do it at a 90 degree angle. This is the good technique to make the cable connection very easy and comfortable to remember. It is really amazing and outstanding.

come on 'stevebucknor1', only 6 posts above yours...

Back
Top Bottom