basic operations
roni size
nu:tone
calibre
and cyantific

but ive got fuck all vinyls except for a few high contrast and nu:tone tracks

does anyone have a suggestion on what vinyls too check out

cheers

anything on hospital, inside recs. critical recs, SGN:LTD, good looking recs and CIA to name a few. im not really into that side of things so dont take this as an extensive list.
check out mixes by CONTROLLER for some spot on mixes.

With the artists you say you like, look at the releases from Labels like Hospital, Spearhead & Overflow

High contrast, logistics, cyantific, CLS & Wax & Nu:tone are all on hospital records, so go for a EP from them such as:

Weapons Of Mass Creation 3

A. Hard-Fi - Hard To Beat (London Elektricity Remix)
B. Cyantific - Space Station Kru
C. A-Sides - Crabs In A Bucket
D. Sonic - Electrosound
E. CLS - Their Names Were Trot & Melon
F. Danny Byrd - Under The Sea

or

Future sound of cambridge 2

A. The Cambridge Four - When Pilots Eject
B. Nu:Tone - The Boy Who Lost His Smile
C. Logistics - Never Ending Story
D. Commix - Scarlet

Got both of these EP and they won't dissappoint

Go to a record shop and just listen to loads of stuff (well, if it is not busy...and the table is free)

Don't buy too many to start off with (unless you have a lot of money to spend), just get a few each week or two and practise on those :)

Go to a record shop and just listen to loads of stuff (well, if it is not busy...and the table is free)

Don't buy too many to start off with, just get a few each week or two and practise on those :)

well in swindon theres only one record shop and the collections not brilliant :/

i did just order some stuff from discogs aswell

i did just order some stuff from discogs aswell

Hunt around mate, that's where you'll find the real jems, and be able to play tunes no one else has.

I found some old London Elektricity records for 50p in a tiny jazz store with no proper lights so they had candles everywhere lol

Ok cool man. Try Commix - Be True/Satellite 2. Be true heavy tune.
alright i'll have a goosy gander now
cheers :)

Hunt around mate, that's where you'll find the real jems, and be able to play tunes no one else has.

I found some old London Elektricity records for 50p in a tiny jazz store with no proper lights so they had candles everywhere lol
haha crazy
i'll have a shop around see what i can find
thanks

A few artists you should check out that I reckon you'll like:

Metrik
Break
Brookes Brothers

Some labels: Critical, Horizons, Signature, Soul:R, MedSchool (which is a sub label of Hopsital - slightly more experimental)

Brookes Bros - Dawn Treader

Subfocus - Join the Dots

Commix - Call to mind LP

Logistics - Kaleidoscope EP and Future Sound of Cambridge

Back
Top Bottom