Buying Vinyl Feel Like A Drug Habit To Anyone Else?

DJ Spliff

Never Enuff Vinyl
VIP Junglist
I look forward to it so much. It's so satistying I can't stop. Even when I don't have any money, I find money for vinyl. Sound like an addiction to you? Maybe I should seek help.

U don't need help! U just need more tunes!
I feel dissapoinTED if I don't get at least a tune a week!

Know the feeling man, iv just had a vinyl overdose. Payday last week. At least 20 new plates in the box :D

i fucking love the feeling of getting fresh vinyl through the post n sticking it on the deck! At least iv got something to show for it rather than pissing it up the wall! at the mo im in the process of buying most the renegade hardware back catologe! which i reckon will come to over 300. blapblap!! long live vinyl!!

I love going into the local record shop with say 60quid then picking up about £100 worth of tunes and having to run to the bank quickly

I used to use traktor scratch but i switched back to vinyl about 2 weeks ago...so far ive bought about £600 worth of records!...its so fun!

tis all about the student loan! :gang_bang

I agree, not bought for a while and need vinyl badly. My problem is I like to go to the shops, I should order online more but I prefer listening to things in the store and the experience of waiting to get back for a good mix

P.S I don't know what a drug habit feels like

Last edited:
I agree, not bought for a while and need vinyl badly. My problem is I like to go to the shops, I should order online more but I prefer listening to things in the store and the experience of waiting to get back for a good mix

P.S I don't know what a drug habit feels like

Well now you do. :)

its that feeling when you go to a shop say BM and you're sitting on the train back and all you want to do is mix them bloody tunes and you got to sit through all the commuters and screaming kids, i'd say thats a bit like a drug habit almost when you think you linked a draw and the dealer turns around and says 2 hours mate soz haha

To be honest Ive been doing it over 10 years and it does get easier, the way I look at it now buy essentials, buy stuff you can see urself wanting to play in 12 months, Forget about the disposable jump up tunes, In saying that not all jump up just the stuff you'll tire of fast, just get them on mp3 and try to have a clear out every couple of months, I wouldnt even like to think what Ive wasted on vinyl but Im pretty sure I wouldnt still be living at my old dears if I hadnt got into djing, worst thing of all is the fact you pay £7 for summat and on ebay now vinyl sales are awful, Very often you see wicked tunes go so cheap that the postage ends up costing more than the vinyl, The way I look at it now when I clear out is, Realisticly will I play this in the next 5 years, if not, sell it and get mp3

To be honest Ive been doing it over 10 years and it does get easier, the way I look at it now buy essentials, buy stuff you can see urself wanting to play in 12 months,

I feel you on that. There are quite a few tunes I wish I had never bought. The only reason I did was because I had money burning a hole in my pocket. Now I try really hard to just buy tunes I can get really excited about.

I hear all this.
Been skint for two weeks.
I've felt awful, absolutely awful.
Payday tomorrow, happy kingz.
HMV b2b Redeye b2b Discogs.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYEAH

the other week i went two weeks without a drop of booze for critical sound and 1984 LP
It was well worth it.

My friends always laugh at me for not eating when im out cause i buy records but at least i have something to show for my hard work.

It sucks for me cause i have to wait at least 7 days for my records to arrive, from the sixth day onwards i pretty much run to the front door as soon as i wake up to check if the vinyls have arrived, and if theyre not there i check at least once every two or three hours. Its sad.
I just NEED them.

Yeah, I have to wait 5-7 days for my vinyl becuase I live in the US. Mail can come from anywhere between noon and 6, so I get to anxiously wait for it to come.

Back
Top Bottom