Buying some studio monitors, need help !

Mish Mash

VIP Junglist
Get yamaha hs80's they're much better than the krk's I reckon. I was after monitors about a year ago and after I while I got the yamahas, they're well good! If you only want smaller one's then I'm not sure. There are yamaha hs50's but I'm not sure what they're like

alexanthony

Impact (Engage Audio)
Get yamaha hs80's they're much better than the krk's I reckon. I was after monitors about a year ago and after I while I got the yamahas, they're well good! If you only want smaller one's then I'm not sure. There are yamaha hs50's but I'm not sure what they're like
got the yamahas HS80's they are incredible. A friend has KRK 8's and reckons mine are alot better :)

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
Go and listen. Find somewhere that stocks them and give them a demo, everybody's ears are different so naturally people prefer/find it easier to work with different speakers.

I have a pair of KRK Rokit 6 G2s and I love them. Great response freqs and a really honest sound. For the price, they are an amazing deal! All depends on what you want to spend.

Howitzer

VIP Junglist
Its a tough choice, made easier by a smaller budget!

If youre just getting started I'd recommend going in on the cheap. Get a second hand pair of alesis or tannoy speakers for around the £150 mark.

If youre looking to buy once and only once definitely look into the HS80's over the RP5/6's. Ive heard both, the HS80's have a flatter response and sound gorgeous.

I put down for Equator Audio D5's in the end. The reviews they get are all gushing, and coupled with my sub I get the full range of frequencies.