buying needles.

chris getme

Dub Logic
Right its time to upgrade to some ortofons methinks.

My mates got the pro s ones and they seem real good. I was doin some research today and th ones that kept cropping up were the pro s, the arkiv, and the nightclub 2. For home mixing, sampling and recording mixes which wud you reccomend?

Is it worth doubling the price of th pro s and goin for the nightclub ones or not etc?

Discuss & cheers in advance.

Right its time to upgrade to some ortofons methinks.

My mates got the pro s ones and they seem real good. I was doin some research today and th ones that kept cropping up were the pro s, the arkiv, and the nightclub 2. For home mixing, sampling and recording mixes which wud you reccomend?

Is it worth doubling the price of th pro s and goin for the nightclub ones or not etc?

Discuss & cheers in advance.

Don't get the arkiv - they're specifically for recording vinyl to mp3.

The nightclub 2's are a good standard and the pro scratch does what it says on the tin.

To tell truth Ortofon are the madnote you can't really go wrong with any set of their needles ('cept the arkiv)

If you're a heavy scratcher I'd recommend Shure White labels.

Ive used one set of Ortofon Q-Bert stylus and cartridges this year and have been very impressed.

Yes they cost a lot up front but there is no sign of wear so far and my needles do get a battering with multiple DJs on my shows (some experienced and some not so) so they do get abused a fair bit.

I was tempted to get some cheaper ones for other DJs to use but it was just too much hassle to keep changing them so i left on the Qberts and they have been top notch

whatever you do, dont share them! i learnt that the hard way

NEVER EVER SHARE NEEDLES!

Or headphones for that matter :) (if you've got nice ones)

And don't "lend" your mates any vinyl because you won't see them again for at least 15 years and when you finally get them back they are fucked.

cant reli comment on those styli, havent ever owned a pair! they are ment to be good tho! however i can recomend some shure m447's - reasonable price £75 a pair, fantastic sound, minimal vinyl wear http://www.decks.co.uk/products/carts_styli/shure/m447

Sound advice, i've got the m44g's (aimed at mixing rather than scratching) and they are fantastic.

I've had 1.5g of weight on the buggers for months without skipping, just upped them a bit to give scratching a shot and they really hug the record!

Only downside was how long they took to get 'just' right. Lots of fiddling about for around a week till i was happy lol. The concordes are alot easier to set up.

The boost in sound quality over the stanton 505's I was using was insane, like hearing all my records again for the first time :D

NEVER EVER SHARE NEEDLES!

Or headphones for that matter :) (if you've got nice ones)

And don't "lend" your mates any vinyl because you won't see them again for at least 15 years and when you finally get them back they are fucked.

Or they leave them on the back seat of your car and come back warped as fuck.

All about Shure Whitelabels lovely to use. Ive had mine over year no problems with them, aint even changed stylus over yet.

jus buy a cheap pair from maplin electronics for a 10er each lolz work fine for me! would more more expensive one but aint got da cash atmO!

Back
Top Bottom