buying my 4th deck

Fire starter

VIP Junglist
i have recently been trying to purchase a deck to complete my setup and i have found it impossible to find a brand new deck in the 250 - to 400 mark .

i started off trying to get a citronic pd45 (£250) which boasts 5.0kg of touque compared to the technics 1.5kg
but that seems to be discontinued.

then looked at the stanton st150 with 4.5kg torque(£375) . and the same applies and then ask the sales guy at decks.co.uk and dj kit if they had anything in stock in that price range . and i was told that they only had a lot more exspensive or alot cheaper decks in stock.

so now im looking on ebay for a pair of technics 1210s at around about £450 to £500 and am going to sell my other vinyl deck (stanton t 92 ) to help generate some cash and space :P

anybody ever had any problems with buying technics off ebay and is there anything i should look out for ???

Technics /End thread.
:borat:

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

P.S Tongue Flap is selling a 1210 on ebay. PM him for the deets.

i knew that would be the answer but i have a wee bit weary of buying second hand , especially from ebay . i was just wondering weather people could post any expierences when buying decks on ebay

technics is the best way to go anyway, you could get a pair of technics off ebay for way cheaper than that though
a mate of mine got a pair for about 250 the other day with just minor surface scratches but in perfect working condition
i got mine for 300 in literally perfect condition....and that was with about 100 vinyl, most of it shit but it got me started

i dont see the problem of buying off ebay, obviously if they mug you off completely its effort but as long as you use paypal you have buyer protection on ebay so you would get your money back
and as long as you make sure to check the description and ask any questions if they haven't mentioned something then you shouldn't have any problems

Technics are the way to go imo. I, however, have a stanton t120c which I no longer use if your interested. Don't think they make them anymore, has great torque and most features found on 1210 mk5s. £100 - that includes postage within the UK. been trying to get rid of it for ages gathering dust atm

i just flogged my 1210mk2 on ebay. went for £150 and it was in spanking condition. Thats might give you some price guidance.

Some Technics have abit of a dodgy or inconsistent pitch.

Many a time I have moved the pitch up slightly by the tiniest of smidgeons and its actually slowed it down and ive had to move the fader up by about 0.3 percent and leave it there!

But that is SOME Technics not all.
But you have to be careful when buying second hand. Its a lottery I suppose.

I have 2 1200MK2s I bought off ebay. They work great, though I had to do a simple fix to the audio cables (audio wasn't going to one of the channels). My only recommendation is make sure the seller is very descriptive of the decks. My listing didn't mention the minor flaws with the decks (the previously mentioned audio issue, ghetto looking electrical tape splicing job, 1 light not working, a foot that won't screw on), which was slightly disappointing.

As long as it's Technics though you can pretty much fix any problem they come with.

Just go and look in person, NEVER get delevered!!!

I went to view some and the metal bit was snapped off, the bit that sticks out from the tone arm, you can print a check list off the net for everything to test, speed of platter (check dots spinning etc) there is a lot you can check! Also you dont want some dodgy looking ones with all scratches over looking like they have been used as a hire pair

I eventually got a pair for £250.

Best bet is find a DJ who is moving to digital and has taken care of the decks, the man I bought mine from said it was a sad day for him....bless

i was going to suggest you get on www.whybuynew.co.uk and have a look on their, they have second hand / refurbed technics going for as little as £150 a turntable and they come with warrantys, but looks like you have jumped in and got them off ebay already so good luck to you!

thanks for all the posts, im pretty confident that they are in good condition. He posted lots of photos and had a large description, apperently having new pitch controls and have been serviced twiced, + 100% positive feedback .
Evan if there are some faults, there are plenty of people selling spares online, and im pretty handy at repairing things and general electrics,
as its part of my job

should be delivered on thursday or friday :)

Back
Top Bottom