Buying a Mixer

freeze

I'm ordering a mixer but I don't know what one to get. I have up to £200 to spend. Reading 'technical specs'/features doesn't help me much. Preferably 2 channels. Recommendations?

whats the behringer one? its about £130 i think and it has dual bpm counters, effects and its 4 channel, i'm getting one hopefully when i have the money.. my mate had one they're pretty good!

whats the behringer one? its about £130 i think and it has dual bpm counters, effects and its 4 channel, i'm getting one hopefully when i have the money.. my mate had one they're pretty good!

Ive got a beringher mixer and the BPM counters dont work for shit.

Not fussed on bpm counters cos apparently they're no good so don't care whether it's on it or not.

It'd be sweet if effects were there, but if it's a very good mixer for under £200 then I wouldn't be bothered. I know jack shit about mixers to be honest so that's why I'm in the need of guidance!

Its a load of shite. Stay away from Behringer mixers.

And advise from people who haven't played much.

They're really not good mate, not one bit. Seriously avoid it like the plague man. I brought one and I'm speaking from experience. All the knobs on mine are falling off and the upfaders and crossfader are flismy as fuck. Thats only after a year as well!! So yeh try and invest in something else, maybe a for a bit more money. That white Vestax mixer is pretty cool, can't for the life of me remember what it's called though.

Yep - what aj7greene said...

Stay well away from Behringer, they may look great but to get that many features an a mixer for that little money thay have to cut serious corners with build quality and the quality of the components used...

Go for anything from Vestax and it'll last - my mixer must be 8 years old and there's not a thing wrong with it...

please do not get this mixer.

ah fuck that then, my mate didn't really mix much thats probably why his isn't broken yet! glad i mentioned it lol..

Yo nuTEK man dont get a mixer with bpm counters it takes all the fun out of mixing.
PEACE!

ive just got a numark dmx -06.cost 160 has effects,kills and is good imo..there will be a replacement model v soon called the x-6.bt its pretty much the same

get that vestax on htfr, or get a second hand mixer off ebay, for 200 u could get a well nice one. i got a second hand vestax 2 channel for £40 and it works perfect, even thou its like 6-8 years old

get that vestax on htfr, or get a second hand mixer off ebay, for 200 u could get a well nice one. i got a second hand vestax 2 channel for £40 and it works perfect, even thou its like 6-8 years old

Yeah mine was that old when I got it too, I've got the PMC 06 but it's such a tough and sturdy little thing it just goes on and on...

Can't speak highly enough of Vestax, such high build quality yet at an affordable price, great combination!

Well if you dont wanna spend too much this one's meant to be very good. Well built, meant to last for ages and the EQs and faders are meant to be spot on. It doesn't have effects but for me that would nerver be a problem, not sure what your preference is though.

http://www.djstore.com/item/numdm1002mk2.htm

Buy that and you'l have £130 to spend on records :D

The DDM4000 behringer mixer is good its just not so good as far as wear and tear as people have said behringer mixers are a bit flimsy, its worth splashing out the cash for a good mixer though man totally worth it in the long run.

i got a behringer atm, it was a steal at the price but i want to get a third deck into my system so its going to have to be the djm600, that of course is when i fall across some money

Back
Top Bottom