-Busdriver- one year later come back. New stuff to listen to

Busdriver

Hi guys,

glad to come back after some long and hard work to ask for your feedback.

Check my soundcloud on my sig.

New tracks: U Gum--High stance--Turn animal.

I let the older tracks for a comparative but i will get them out soon.

Good listening!

Last edited:
Alright listening to Turn animal... 00:23 part when it drops.. . it clicks really badly mate.... 00:40.. etc... each time that sample plays it's god damn clicky. Keeps clicking throughout the whole track, no idea how you could have missed that. Good ammount of variation in the track, though interesting, but was too much being let down by that click to really notice what was going on. Not your regular neuro sound though, sounds a bit jump-up for some reason. to me. Not that it's a bad thing of course, all good.

Interesting intro in High stance. Interesting drop, quite different.... interesting tune as well. Still, missed that deepness of neuro somehow and i'm your typical neuro guy mostly. Musically. Noticed the same thing in Turn animal, somehow the atmosphere of the track.. the vibe.. the feel of it... something is like missing. Musically of course.

Alright U Gum now. Cool stuff, interesting vibe. I actually loved the breakdown at 1:28 very clever, Interesting ammount of variation. Somehow cheesy leads though, i would saturate them to make them a little rough sounding than they are, or do something like parallel distortion to them, for more grudge, they were too clean in my opinion.

Thanks for you FB.

I trashed Turn Animal. I have a sound system that often hides clicks and stuffs. I'll put it back when i fix it.

Turn animal and High stance are both young projects in process. They are far from sounding as i want. As said on it: preview.
For the "neuro" label on it, i'd say that it's diffcult to put them in jump up or clubby category. That's why.

For U Gum, i tried to distort the lead etc but somehow it was kind of killing the vibe. every other elements are relatively clean and clear so it sounded strange.
And in fact that's the meaning of the "Gum" in the title like bubble gum (pop)sound. So i would say that the cheese in it is wanted.
I'll try some others processing tho. There is still some stuff that i don't like in this track.

Thank a lot for the time you spent listening and feedbacking.

Edit: U gum is a cut version, intro and development are cut.

Last edited:
Hey,

don't like to do this but since i don't post tracks very often, i would really like some FB about those please.

So basically....Bump.

Thx

hmm "high stance" sounds pretty mental... trippy intro, and the drop just kind of hits you like a ton of bricks, it sounds good, i think it might be slightly muffled like there is a bit too much going on at once, but its heavy and theres some nice glitchy effects in there im feeling as well.

ermm the second jump up track, U gum, IMO, is horrible, ive stopped it playing. Lead synth sounded about as out of place as a nun in a crack den (for lack of a better comparison) didnt like that tune sorry mango.

Haha, like your "franc parler".
Horrible at this point seems a little bit overreacted but i totaly can understand you don't like it.
High stance is at a beginning point and i agre with you, development before drop need to be extended and it will be.

Thx a lot man!

haha ok was a bit of an over reaction but its not my kind of synth... i see what your going for now i listen again actually its more dance than jump up but still very annoying to me

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

btw, franc parler?

btw you can embed soundcloud links to this forum by using [ soundcloud ] link here [ / soundcloud ] <- without spaces.

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Tuned in to U Gum now. I like the tuning of the synths, makes for a really cool melody when they change like that.

The beats are a little stuttering, like they would need more continuity, rolls, another break, a ride, something like that. Sound balance is good. The snare is meaty which I like, but the drums altogether sound like they dont fit together, maybe that stuttering feeling gives to that too.

Hey Kama,

Thx for the feedback. I feel a problem with drums too, don't really know where it comes from but i will look into what you said.
Something on High stance maybe?

Thx again mate.

I didn't put the tracks here because i unchecked the widget option on the upload.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom