Burning CDs

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Basically I've got a few tracks that I dowloaded from the DNBA store, tunes that either aren't going to be released, or I don't want to splash out for on vinyl.

I burnt a CD on iTunes, and it sounded a lot worse than the original file, which is the best program to use to burn 320s to a CD.

Cheers

Nero? there arw a few i think...to be honest, i dont think the actual burner will affect the quality, maybe you sould have a play with the tunes in a sound editing prog (audacity, Audition) to get a better sound quality.

if they are 320's there should be little or no degradation.

but thats jus wot i think.

Also depends on the amount you spend on the cds, crap ones that are old will deteriate over time and become cracklely

As someone said the program you use to burn the CD's shouldnt really make any difference to the quallity of the audio.

I use iTunes to burn my music CD's and they are all fine. It's always worth using decent blank media. I use Verbatim for most of my stuff.

Also the slower you burn the CD the less likely you are to have problems.

Unless I'm in a rush for something or I have loads to burn I just burn at 1x or 2x.

I never normally go higher than about 8x for audio.

CD has differnt frequen response to viynl. Will never sound as deep or as warm...trying boosting teh basss and mid on your mixer when you play it...that helps..I am sure Technics were working on a CD player tah tsounds like viynl or something

I use Adobe Audition as I always open the file in Adobe Audition after purchasing it so I can see where the high end frequency is cut off with the frequency analyzer to confirm if it is a WAV or 320 mp3. I then boost the gain if its needed and burn the CD in Audition.

Quality program.

Cheers for the advice

Also depends on the amount you spend on the cds, crap ones that are old will deteriate over time and become cracklely

Yeah i use Philips at the moment, but used to use datasafe, which were about 10p each, and just kept skipping even if there were no scratches or anything, which made it impossible to mix with.

man iTunes is fine, i use it for all my cd's

check the settings and generally invest in some higher quality CD's and you'll be sweet

There are settings within iTunes that allow you to change the bitrate that you import and burn cd's at. You have probably got it set to 128kbps aac which is shit. You need to change it to 320 mate as im guessing the file you got from dnb/download was 320.

Back
Top Bottom