BURIAL – UNTRUE

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
BURIAL – UNTRUE

Possibly the most exciting (and definitely the most innovative) producer in electronic music for the last couple of years IMO.

This new album is well worth a listen, needs a bit of effort (all good music does) if you are new to the sound but well worth it. Kind of like a soundtrack to an empty city at night…very ghostly and kind of creepy in a good way but so beautiful. Havnt seen a bad review about it. Its grouped with dubstep, which I guess is fair but the sound also takes in hip hop, rnb and general electronic bizzle….

The first album took me a few listens but now its one of my favorite albums...this one carried on where the last left off…….

Its really weird who this appeals too…people get different things from the music and hear it in different ways…even my mum was feeling it!.....

i reckon it takes few listens..preferably in a car at night when its raining driving thorugh east london ..lol....

dude i love burial, hes the dude that layers his beats with the crackle of fire or rain, and sort of draws his tunes in freaking soundforge. wheres the audio?

yeah thats the man...

total genius!.... cant get enough!

That interview is great...nice one!

Yeah Burial is special for sure...definately pushed the limits by experimenting....

when i listen to his stuff i just end up creating some wicked pieces....very inspirational music!

:inlove: Wow! On it now.

Still need to listen to 1st album properly...

Another one to add to the list. Deffo will do tho...

had this a while and wasn't that impressed on first few listens, found some of the soundscapes to be too dreary, leaving me feeling empty...gave a sort of eerie abandoned derelict church in a storm feel

Etched Headplate stood out for me though, along with Homeless...

will give it some more listens though when the mood strikes me, see if it grows on me more.

Awesome! But it does send me to sleep when I'm driving home from work in the dark.

Ive been reading the way reviewers and journalisst have triedt= to capturethe burial sound in words..this is my favourite so far:

http://www.villagevoice.com/music/0747,asdfsadf,78402,22.html

"Like 2step left out in the rain to warp and pockmark, it's a post-rave sound in both macro and micro context, the faded textures of "Archangel" soaked in dreamlike nostalgia for the culture's past while perfectly capturing the end of last night's party—the room deserted, the ghost of good times hanging misty in the air."

amazing album
definitely going to be very groundbreaking in the many genres the music covers.
when i first listened to it, and that almost tribal drumbeat comes on in archangel and then the vocals come in, i was stunned. it's just different to everything ive listened to before.
the mystery about his character and life just adds more intrigue and emotion into his music i reckon.

im way late on this band wagon, everyone has been saying how good it was and i didnt listen.....

i listened to it once, thought meh....

listened to it again when i was in more of a chilled mood and i havnt stopped listening to it for a week now....

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL

Ive been reading the way reviewers and journalisst have triedt= to capturethe burial sound in words..this is my favourite so far:

http://www.villagevoice.com/music/0747,asdfsadf,78402,22.html

"Like 2step left out in the rain to warp and pockmark, it's a post-rave sound in both macro and micro context, the faded textures of "Archangel" soaked in dreamlike nostalgia for the culture's past while perfectly capturing the end of last night's party—the room deserted, the ghost of good times hanging misty in the air."

my thoughts exactly. in so many words.

Back
Top Bottom