Bungle Lyrics...need some help

roelonzo

Hello fellow D'nB lovers !

I was wondering if someone knows the lyrics of the song " back to mars Ft. Sqbass " from Bungle.

If you only know a small bit don't hesitate to post it, anything helps.

Being from Belgium , English is not my motherlanguage and it's very frustrating if I want to sing a long a bit but don't know the lyrics.

any help is much appreciated.

Roel.

Last edited:
Hi there! :)

Thanks for creating this topic. I have also informed some other fans of this song to come join us here to find out the actual lyrics of the song. I've heared all of us have several propositions based on hearing the lyrics. I don't expect them to be absolutely flawless, but every opinion could make it a bit clearer for everyone imho.

Also, I have contacted SQBass and asked him if he would be kind enough to provide us with the original lyrics.
Apparently one of the fans already DID contact him with the same issue ealrier, but even tho SQBass promised to send the lyrics, he never did. Must have forgotten or something like that, well, I certainly hope that he will keep his promise this second time! I will inform you here in case I have any new info.

~tabbiefox

Well, let me share what i've got from listening to the song so far. I am from Slovakia so naturally I'm not teh skill0r you're looking for, however I did consult it with a friend from UK who was a big help.

So im gonna find the recipe to live my life [???]
Your weren't having pleasure being free, guess you wouldn't be alone

So Im gonna rest In my favourite place
where everything has begun.

I have been travelling through the universe
The fight to get through somehow

The following part is unfortunately very hard to get. My UK friend sent me the following chunk, but I'm not very happy with it:

Theres knowhow to tell you to rise
Illusion had a reason to go
Illusion will be turning some rise
rising
Theres knowhow to tell you to rise
Illusion had no reason to know
Illusion will be turning some rise
under my star

The problem with this part is, I kinda hear another syllable each time after the word "rise".. so it sounds more like "rising" to me (althought it doesnt have any grammatic sense, however in melodic terms the syllable does a LOT!)

What do you think? Also, hearing other people's versions would be totally cool! Bring it on!! ;)

IF YOU POST AUDIO TO THE LYRICS ILL GIVE IT A CRACK. BUT I MUST ASK. WHY DO YOU WANA KNOW THE LYRICS SO BAD. YOU IN A COVER BAND

Tabbiefox,

I received your message on YouTube the other day. I'll join you on the forum to figure this one out.

I've isolated the frequencies of the vocals down to 630Hz to 1,000 Hz on my Alesis DEQ230 equalizer. All frequencies above and below that were turned way down.

I hear:

So I'm gonna find a recipe to ???? my life to me.

You might have a vision of being free, yes you and me alone.

So, I'm going back to my favorite place where everything has begun.

I'll be traveling through the universe to find the truth somehow.

There's no ((heavy guitar conflicting with voice)) *could be (categorizing)*

You should have a reason to know.

(inaudible)

Under (the or my) star(s)

I'm going to process this some more through software and see where it leads to.

Phil

*edit*

If you play the song backwards - It says that Barack Obama will be elected in the United States in 2008.

No, I'm kidding........it's just backward lyrics. I thought I'd try it - some tracks from Enigma can be played backwards for correct lyrics, but this song is not one of them.

Last edited:
I've processed the song through DC Live Forensics 7 (v.7.06) and narrowed the band where the vocals are.

Some of it makes sense, but I can't remove the guitar from the middle section.

I'll try to post a link to the file when I write it, or upload it...or something.

I'm sure if I were more familiar with DC Live Forensics I'd be able to do this in no time - but I just got the software tonight...

I'll post later - am too tired tonight.

Phil

*edit*

I've run the song through every filter I can think of with DC Live Forensics without success. I'm sorry I can't be of further assistance - but I'd like to see what others come up with.

*edit #2*

I e-mailed him (Andre Sobota) directly - requested assistance - I'll post again when I hear back.

Sorry for the mutiple edits.

Last edited:
@pmgodfrey: Thanks a lot for all your effort you put into it! =) Actually your version makes more sense than mine in several points, however I'm still pretty sad the latter lyrics are completely inaudible; I'm not even close figuring out what they might mean. I suppose my brain just got stuck among the syllables and is refusing to hear any new alternatives anymore. That's why I thought opening a forum about this and letting other people write their ideas would get us somewhere.. but so far it seems the idea failed ^^;

Sad thing is that I've contacted much more people who also reacted positively to the idea of making an effort to figure it out, unfortunately only a very small number actually made it here. I guess most of them just observe from distance or what xP

I have also contacted SQBass through myspace some days ago. Unfortunately althought he apparently read my message, he never replied to it. I honestly hope that he will, and if not, that he would at least reply your own e-mail. If he plays the ignore card once more, I guess we're just screwed =)

Or hmm.. let's contact Bungle! x)

Was anyone able to get the lyrics for this tune? I came across it on Bungle's soundcloud and I love it but I'm a native English speaker and can't make out most of the words. :S

My attempt:
01 So I'm gonna find the recipe to live my life today
02 You might have been ushered [?] being free, I guess you wouldn't be alone

03 So I'm knowdumletsum [???]/(gonna come back to) my favourite place
04 Where everything has begun

05 I'll be travelling through the universe
06 Trying to get the truth/(through) [?] somehow

07 There's no coming back on the rise
08 The mission had a reason to go
09 Be vigilant [?] and turn to sunrise - rise [?]
10 There's no coming back on the rise
11 The mission had a reason to knowww [?]