Bulletstorm - Demithicon

I like it. It seems to me that you may like your drums a bit thicker. I couldn't help but notice at the beginning that the kick has a bit of a trail in the low freqs that's lost once the bass comes in. It's one or the other so I imagine you'd like to tighten up the kick when the bass comes in.

I'd recommend adding another layer of drums to make them jump out more - or tightening them up instead if you're into the minimal thing, it's hard to tell these days.

The pads, synths, and bass all sound great to me. Builds probably need more - it's funny cause you can never really go "over the top" with builds. Even the chillest liquid track can have a crazy 16th note roll on the kick drum...

Best,
J.P.

thanks for your comment.
I just uploaded a new version.
I added a highatpattern and some crashes along with some background noise.
The kick comes out more instead of being blown away by the bass.

Greetings,
Lucas

That's much better. I don't like the hi-hat 16ths but it's certainly just a taste thing - I have some old cyanide records that sound a lot like this - neurofunk. 5:49 really works for me - consider starting your tracks with something like that in the future.

thanks for the comments.
I personally think this track needs some last fine tuning, and then I'm done.
I could have started the track with some neurofunk influence, but I like to have a long build up.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom