Bukem and Conrad

Shogun

Vinyl Assassin
I was thinking (late last night over a joint and cup of tea whilst listening to the Live in Boston Progression Sessions CD) that these two guys seem to be very rarely mentioned on this forum and also at awards etc yet these two have to be (imo!) one of the best DJ/MC duo in the genre, and equally as shit hot on their own.

Everyone goes on about Andy C being the best DJ and people like Eksman/Skibba being some of the best MCs yet if you listen to Bukem's mixing his skills are second to none, his teases on the crossfader, his seamless mixes and tune selcetion/progression. I don't think I've ever heard him fluff a mix plus he is one of the early pioneers of the scene and Conrad as an MC is badboy, his lyrics and flow are so tight he rarely chats the same stuff in a set and is always coming out with new lyrics and always, always keeps the crowd going! I know its a different style of DnB to what the likes of Andy C etc play but was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts are on these guys, I just feel like they should have more recognition and appreciation for their contribution to the scene as a whole.....

They're an absolutely amazing combo. Saw them at Exit festival last year and he played for about 3 or 4 hours. was incredible. Got back to my tent (which is about half a mile away) at 8:00am or sumthin and could still here is as crisp as when I was raving to it. Bukem is baaaddddd.....

Agree 100%

To some extent I think their lack of awards etc may be because 'it goes without saying'. Is there an award like for the Brit Awards 'outstanding contibution'?

I almost think that they have transcended the whole drum and bass crowd and have their own self made genre going on.

Does Conrad ever MC over other DJ's playing different styles? Dreamscape 11 tapes are great where he MC's over Ratty etc and I seem to remember an old World Dance where he MC's over Grooverider (lest we forget) which is brilliant.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks these guys are sick and deserve more recognition!

As for the "Outstanding Contribution" award, as far as I know there isn't one but maybe somebody should mention to Majika who runs the DNB awards - seems like a good idea/category to me!

Yes yes Jungledon! Nice one for the link to all those Bukem sets, pon the d/l now at work!

No worries mate. Theres plenty of bukem fans about. IMO too these 2 are sick together.
Have some tapes not seen or been ripped before that ill rip at the weekend when i get home again.:bone:

Sensing a communication breakdown here! I'm so damn cryptic! In my humble opinion...

On with the topic....=)

Anyone ever heard Bukem and Conrad Ministry of Sound Half a Decade of Dance? A great studio mix, but not sure if it's 'allowed' to be uploaded.

Sensing a communication breakdown here! I'm so damn cryptic! In my humble opinion...

On with the topic....=)

Anyone ever heard Bukem and Conrad Ministry of Sound Half a Decade of Dance? A great studio mix, but not sure if it's 'allowed' to be uploaded.

That was one of the first mixes I heard by Bukem and really got me started on that side of D 'n' B.

Not sure if you can post that mix on here would love to get a copy of it can't find mine anywhere now think it got robbed a loooong time ago!!

Back
Top Bottom