building bass traps

Discussion in 'Production' started by boobjunkie, Jun 26, 2011.

1. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

my plan is to make 4 over the next couple of weeks, looked up a few tutorials it seems like a piece of piss tbh.

for those who are interested this is one of the more helpful tutorials i came across -

anyone done any DIY acoustic treatment to their studios? if so, how did it go and how much did you spend?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

think id had more of a problem placing them then building them tbh. lol!

dont have any tho, using my couch and various other things for that purpose :D

3. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

A mate of mine has them, and believe me, they take up more room than you think when you put them in! It's still not particularly cheap building them either, rockwool is pretty expensive. have you checked out some room designs for your acoustics yet? It's important, as far as I know...

Still, in most studios/bedrooms, something is better than nothing :)

4. kama

kama benkama.net

I'd just buy packages of rockwool (ca. 60cm*60cm*120cm) and stack 2 on top of each other in every corner. Maybe cover the thing up with a heavy cloth and pin that to the walls so they dont fall.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

[​IMG]

Because Most of the studios I've been to have just filled the corners with the stuff and basically you don't need to get them out of the plastic wrappings to do that. But if you want it to be stylish, that's another matter :D

5. druu

druu Member

Actually, the plastic will decrease the efficiency of the traps. It's recommended to cover the material with breathable fabric.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]