Builders working on a Bank Holiday

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Radius, May 27, 2013.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

I am sure building regs saw no machinery before 9 am....yet this Saturday at 7am, and Today ( a bank hol ) at 8am...not liking it
    !!!!!

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

when did construction site foreman ever give a fuck about regulations?

3. Radius

Well maybe I wil go up there with a hacksaw and saw me some scafolding poles tonight

4. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

They do the sites I work on are strict as fuck. People get thrown off for the smallest things.

Every site different depends on how close to property's but even on a weekday most sites can't start till 8.

5. Datt Male

Datt Male Active Member

I don't think anyone working in construction is gonna give a toss about regs mate, no one enforces em anyway, early start means early finish or more hours means more dough

- - - Updated - - -

Do u work near council properties? They always seem to enforce

6. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

my mate does a bit of cash in hand labouring when it's available, more often than not he'll turn up with half a gram of speed floating about his bloodstream.

saying that, my mum worked for skanksa, project management shit and risk assessment...if she's on site and someone is dicking about or not wearing the right gear, all hell will break loose.

7. Radius

put it his way this site is right ontop of us, and you even get iq 20 cocks trying to imitate the sound of a chopsaw...for several hours at a time...but its the early start that I don't like ....

8. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

The local council will have suggested hours of work for building work audible from outside the property, which they will expect builders to stick to. They can serve noise abatement orders to builders who don't respect those hours and make lots of noise etc. Also the hours of work may well be specified as part of their planning permission (if they had to get it) in which case they could be in breach of their consent. Good luck with that mate. For now phone their noise pollution team and ask for advice and make sure they log that you called (for future reference).

@Matt it makes no difference if there are council tenants nearby the main problem is collecting quality evidence and convincing the council to find the money to take people to court when there's always a possibility they might lose. People think their council can just wave a magic wand but they can't.

9. Datt Male

Datt Male Active Member

they just tend to be the ones who dont work so are in bed when every other fuckers trying to graft

10. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

11. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

classic dddddddddddddddddddddaaaaattttt maaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

12. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

:lol: I forgot about Datt.