Build your own DJ Stand

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
Most DJ Stands on the market just ain't up to it.Face it :) and in fact for the money you could build something far stronger

So out the ashes (figurativly speaking) of my pirate station studio I managed to salvage some good timber.

I have gone for a 170 cm x 80 cm desk so I have room for loads of kit and even records at the back or beer etc.

Also decided I want to be able to dismantle this into a flat pack if needed, so made thinsg a bit more technical by having bolt on legs.

SO I built 2 frames ( base & Top) using four be tooz...4 inch by 2 inch timber. Be careful when buying ( especially in B& Q) that the timber is not warped, ( as was mine but only slightly)- slight warps can be corrected.

I'll post up a pic of the frames.

I was lucky enough to borrow a chopsaw so got some accurate cuts....

I borrowed an electric crewdriver

bought 1000 2 inch wood crews..militant ones...
and got a wood borer drill bit

and some threaded metal and got my trusty grinder out

a few washers and a tape measure and we good to go...
its like blue peter really :teeth:

ONSLAUGHT88

VIP Junglist
Hot linkin is illegal man! But me and mate built one a lil while back, didnt cost anything as he stole everything from work, il post a pic when i get home.

I may post pictures of the one I built. Big shelf on it for my studio gear, decks on top. Used and electric drill and a handsaw so it's a bit rough round the edges its hard to cut down an 8ft MDF board in perfectly straight lines without power tools!