Budget synth

jack2290

Can anyone recommend a good versatile synth, not too expensive? I literally want to just get one synth and learn it inside out, keep hearing that's the best way. Use logic but don't find their's very user friendly

Mate Razor is half price atm - £41!!

It's fooking sick!!

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone recommend a good versatile synth, not too expensive? I literally want to just get one synth and learn it inside out, keep hearing that's the best way. Use logic but don't find their's very user friendly

Btw when you get deeper into sythesis everyone becomes easy to use :)

I was in exactly the same positon as you a few months back.
I brought synthmaster, as I'm a student and I qualify for academic version £37.
So far, I've only found a very few obscure things that I can't do with it (FM/AM with more than 2 operators and partial shifting). Also has a fair few FX in there too, not amazing quality but as good as you're gonna get for a synth.
If you aren't a student, it's £61.

I haven't got anything to compare it with though. Zebra looks like a good bet, but it's twice the price, £120.

Last edited:
Cheers for help guys, gotta say its looking like razor based on what you've said. That price is hard to resist! so i wont need to buy anything additional to run it???

sweet nice one

- - - Updated - - -

Curios aswell if anyone has an idea how long stuff is usually on sale for? Very reasonable price but still can't afford it this second haha

sweet nice one

- - - Updated - - -

Curios aswell if anyone has an idea how long stuff is usually on sale for? Very reasonable price but still can't afford it this second haha

With Native Instruments, if they don't list an expiration date of the sale I would jump on that shit as soon as you can or e-mail them to ask when the deal expires.

If all else fails, N.I. is notorious (as are many other soft synth companies) for having 50% off black Friday/Cyber Monday deals.

Offer until December 9, according to the website. Don't need another synth really but am going to grab this too.

So i saw Razor was on sale and dont know much about it. Some kind of formant synth thingy?
Anyway i've been planning to save up for christmas specials, and just wondering if razor can do anything different to evrything else? I've been learning abstract sound design pretty much since i started producing, so would Razor be something different and new (i.e worth it)?

Does Razor work properly with the free Reaktor play? I read the controls are not assignable to midi so you cant control it in a DAW?

Back
Top Bottom